Partner Visa 309/100 - Relationship Evidence

Pingpongpom2

Hi, I am looking for some advice for my daughter and partner. My daughter has PR and is applying for a Partner Visa for her husband. We have written a stat dec for her along with her brother, and she has told me it says these wont generally be accepted without other sources of evidence. Please can someone give us some advice as to what evidence they provided for their application. They are starting their application in about a weeks time and have collected quite a bit of evidence towards it, but would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Are you in Aussie or UK, I am have just gone through this the declarations have to be signed by a solicitor doesn't cost much mine cost me £5 each, and got my mum and his mum to do it, and info they have emails cards utility bills with both names on, but it will tell you when you need them and what they need . Any help just ask away we are all here and being there

Usually you're looking at a few pieces of evidence that can prove a 'genuine continuous relationship' some ideas are below:

Marriage Certificate

Utility bills for each at the same address

Joint bank account with statements going back for a few months/years

Statements from friends and relatives

Evidence of living together: joint tenancy agreement/joint mortgage

Birth certificates showing both parents names (for children, if any, and also presuming that the children were not born from previous relationships)

Common travel habits, such as holidays together in the same hotel (old holiday booking emails can help, as can entry stamps in both passports)

A friend of mine have screenshots of the Facebook accounts showing photos of them both being all lovey dovey with each other!

The list is endless and sometimes you just have to be imaginative.

in my application (the "evidence that your relationship is genuine" document/statement) I've got the heading "social context of the relationship" and under that are things like:

met former work colleagues and friend on [date]

met friend and husband on [date]

spent NYE with friends [xyz]

met partner's family on [date] at [location]

both of us helped friend move house on [date]

met my parents on [date]

invited to wedding on [date] - provided invite as well

friends of partner stayed with us on various [dates]

statements from australian citizens x2

statements from friends x2

details of joint travel [dates]

as this was for the first part of the visa, a lot of the things are meeting friends/family etc for the first time.

For the second part of the visa it will be a little different; I've already started drafting it and currently includes things like invite to christening, my parents visiting our new apartment, meeting a friend and her new partner, his parents meeting my parents - also joint travel/dates since grant of the temporary visa.

We also provided bills in joint names, tenancy agreements, marked up bank statements showing things we'd paid for jointly and transfers made btwn accounts.

Proper list:

Tenancy agreement (current and previous)

Contents insurance schedule

Utility bills - showing both names

Council tax bills

Bank statements showing all transfers between our bank accounts for a year (we don't have a joint account) - plus things I paid for on behalf of us both - printed out and marked up

Contents insurance schedules in both names.

Photos of us on holiday (1 per holiday)

Photos of me/us with each other's family members

Birthday cards from each other's families

Happy new home cards from friends/family

Xmas cards from friends/family

Wedding invite

Print outs of holiday/flight bookings for trips we've taken together

Diary entries showing when we met up (before living together)

Details of time spent apart (ie, my partner worked in abroad for three months, so I provided dates of the trips back to the UK and when I visited him)

Diary entries supporting when we met with each other's friends/family etc (social context of relationship - part of written statement/application)

Statutory declarations from friends and two Australian citizens - mandatory part of the application form

Thank you so much CaptainC! These ideas are really helpful. At the moment it's all a bit scary and overwhelming for them, but having help from people on PIO that I can pass on is so appreciated.

No problem, it's what we are here for.

I hope you don't mind but I changed your title by adding 'Relationship Evidence' to your thread title to allow other users to find it easier, if they are in the same situation.

No problem, it's what we are here for.

I hope you don't mind but I changed your title by adding 'Relationship Evidence' to your thread title to allow other users to find it easier, if they are in the same situation.

Thank you CaptainC..that's fine :smile:

Your welcome ,that's what we are here for , they can go online to immigration and download the form to look through and see what they need, we have just gone through a migration agent, who have took all the stress out of filling it online, as we needed it in before the end of June before it goes up on the 1st July by a grand in £ and 2 in $ .

Thank you Aussiegirl :smile:..your help is much appreciated! We are in Aus and our daughter and her family are in the UK.

Archived