Any Teachers that Qualified in Oz?

Warren

Hey was wondering if there are any poms on here that decided to pursue teaching in Australia and studied here to do so and whether they were successful in gaining PR or sponsorship after graduating?

I have a degree from the UK but want to study a graduate diploma in Secondary Teaching. However, I'm worried that after spending all of that money I'd end up being unable to gain a permanent visa as I would have no skilled employment experience straight out of Uni and the student visa would end before I could gain any kind of temp experience.

Any of you that could shed some light on this would be appreciated.

Not been in the situation personally, but teaching is discussed a lot on here. I think there is a very real chance that you could waste a lot of money on international study. Would be far better to qualify in the UK and look at migration later.

I am planning to, but already on a PR (spouse visa). I dont know the answer to your question but what do you want to teach? If it's maths, science or engineering then that is more in demand. Also worth noting that they are phasing out diplomas and replacing them with masters which would cost you more. I think 2017 might be the last year you can do a diploma (not sure though) but you have to think how employable you are compared to most teachers who will now already be graduating with a masters.

Archived