Where Can I Buy Decent Ham?

Simonrbh

Does anyone know where, on the Northside of Brisbane, you can get UNSMOKED sliced ham or a full joint to make your own ham? I'm not bothered if its roast ham or boiled ham but do miss not being able to get it unsmoked…...….but there again I love smoked bacon and HP sauce, but that's different!

Located in Dayboro, so anywhere like Narangba, Burpengary, Kallangar, North Lakes, Redcliffe, Strathpine, Warner, Albany Creek, Samford would be good.

Thanks in advance.

Try the butcher in north lakes next to Coles. They do the best black pudding I've ever tasted, their sausages are great too. I know they do gammon but it's called pickled pork in Australia.

Thanks Boganbear. It sounds great seeing as they do black pudding too! I was speaking to the owner of Chumley Warners a few weeks back and he told me he gets all his pies from a guy on the Gold Coast who used to work at Melton Mowbray, I think that's where his black pudding comes from too. I'm hoping pickled pork ain't pickled!

Thanks Simon, I might go to chummley warners for a pork pie. My dad came from near Melton Mowbray so I miss them. Their scotch eggs were alright. Been 7 years without one but I ain't impressed with the pasty. Good job I learned how to make them from my gran

Try the butcher in north lakes next to Coles. They do the best black pudding I've ever tasted, their sausages are great too. I know they do gammon but it's called pickled pork in Australia.

I went to North Lakes yesterday, the butcher near Coles is called Meat Tiny. The butcher reckons pickled pork is what we would call ham and they sell it for you to roast or boil. The bad news is they are having a 4 month refurb (looked perfectly okay to me Westfield) and close within the next week or so (depending on stock). So, there was no pickled pork and no black pudding! I look forward to their return from visiting family in Tassie to sample their gammon. I used to love my trips up to the Lake District and we always treated ourselves to a grocery shop in Booths Supermarket. I say 'treated' because they are similar to Waitrose, but IMHO better, the black pudding and bacon from there are amazing. Great selection of beers there too.

I went to North Lakes yesterday, the butcher near Coles is called Meat Tiny. The butcher reckons pickled pork is what we would call ham and they sell it for you to roast or boil. The bad news is they are having a 4 month refurb (looked perfectly okay to me Westfield) and close within the next week or so (depending on stock). So, there was no pickled pork and no black pudding! I look forward to their return from visiting family in Tassie to sample their gammon. I used to love my trips up to the Lake District and we always treated ourselves to a grocery shop in Booths Supermarket. I say 'treated' because they are similar to Waitrose, but IMHO better, the black pudding and bacon from there are amazing. Great selection of beers there too.

you can buy pickled pork in Woolies and Coles.

Archived