Early childhood pre-primary school teacher 189

Hugohound

Hello,

just looking for a bit of advice please.

we are looking to emigrate to WA. My partner is a primary school teacher (3-7) and has completed a 3 year education studies degree and then a further 1 year PGCE (3-7). She has worked as a teacher now for one year. Prior to this whilst at college ect she worked for a pre school as a nursery nurse/play assistant, working around 20 hours per week.

In relation to the skills assessment I see no issue from looking into the AITSL requirements, but in relation to experience she has only worked as a teacher for 1 year and I understand you need at least 3 for visa applications My question is would the pre school work she completed at college count towards the experience as its a similar occupation that she has developed and gained further qualifications?

any help would be appreciated.

thank you.

It depends on how many points you are claiming and what they are for. I am a teacher with only 1 years teaching experience and I am not claiming points for work experience as I have 65 points without it.

Degree: 15 points

IELTS: 20 points

Any work experience that is claimed for must be post qualification so I don't think she could use her nursery experience and this would also be classed as a lower level compared to teaching so again may cause an issue. Her nursery experience will come in handy when applying for registration with ACECQA if she would like to teach Early Years once in Australia. X

Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Just one one more thing.

what did you use as your proof of the 45 day teaching observations? We've requested a letter from the uni as there's no transcript as such that we are aware of.

Also did you send transcripts for both your degree and PGCE, we need to order these from the uni as she only has electronic pdf type copies.

thanks for the help

For the proof of the 45 days I got the head of the education department at the uni to write a letter. This included the number of days for each placement and the ages of the children.

I sent certified copies of all of my transcripts (HND, degree and PGCE) I got these certified by a solicitor but a headteacher can certify as well (I didn't want my head knowing about my emmigration plans just yet) x

Archived