Starting the process but already confused

stephanie1982

Hi I am starting the process of emigrating next year and I am already unsure on which way I need to go.....I am a UK midwife and my main query is that I am looking to send off my application for registering with AHPRA and I'm wondering that once this is done can I then complete the modified skills assessment with ANMAC for 190 PR Visa??

Hoping this is possible as it would mean that I do not need to complete academic IELTS...Only General for visa points!!

Really hope someone can help me with some information....

Hi Stephanie,I'm a nurse living in Scotland and we are just about to lodge our 190. We have used an agent as I have been racing against the clock, chasing points for my age before my birthday in August. Our agents have been amazing and our process has been as follows:Contact with agent who required as much information about us all on the form 80. Documents asked for, eg passport page copies, birth/marriage certificate, payslips for the past 8 yrs. sat IELTS test, skills assessment with ANMAC done, more documents required: transcripts from uni to be sent direct to ANMAC, same for IELTS result and NMC (2 documents req'd from NMC). Skills assessment approved. All payments now paid, couple of outstanding questions to be completed on 80 form. Queensland state sponsorship requested and successful. Aphra being applied to now and 190 visa should be lodged within the week. Quick run through but hope this helps

Hi I am starting the process of emigrating next year and I am already unsure on which way I need to go.....I am a UK midwife and my main query is that I am looking to send off my application for registering with AHPRA and I'm wondering that once this is done can I then complete the modified skills assessment with ANMAC for 190 PR Visa??

Hoping this is possible as it would mean that I do not need to complete academic IELTS...Only General for visa points!!

Really hope someone can help me with some information....

Yes, I completed the modified assessment after i was registered as a nurse with AHPRA; cheaper too - i didn't need to do the academic Ilets, just the general for points after i turned 34 and lost 5 points :-/.

Good luck :-)

I'm all confused as I contacted anmac who replied by email although wasn't very clear...saying to do full assessment! I'm so confused really! I have booked my academic IELTS so hopefully will get 7s which will be enough as I will apply for 190 visa to get the extra 5 points I need!

I think it's because I will only have registration in principle!

Really not sure do you think I should ring anmac??

Archived