Pregnant and Lonely North Brisbane

Hi everyone,

I am currently 7 months pregnant and have just started maternity leave early... I do not have any friends in Australia and am feeling very lonely and isolated. I was wondering if anyone was also in a similar position... maybe pregnant or just had a baba? I live in Dakabin and am 29.

Thanks

Gilly

Hi Gilly,

We're not near you but once the kid is born there are council-administered mothers groups that you will be offered. It's a great opportunity to connect with women at the same life stage. My wife is still friendly with her group nearly two years after our daughter was born.

Also, it will be a loooong time before you have this freedom again (2 months off work with no child to look after), so try to make the most of it! You might feel less lonely if you make the effort to get out and about.

Rob

Hi, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit lonely at the moment. Don't worry though, I'm sure there are plenty of other friendly mums-to-be who would love to meet you (and who may also be feeling a bit isolated too on the QT).

Hello Gilly & Stacey

OH & I arrange 3-monthly get-togethers for recent migrants, held at North Lakes. The next will be Saturday 11 July, from about 2pm til you have to go, Parkside Park/bbq area, Aurora Boulevard, North Lakes. BYO food, drinks, etc. It's got free electric bbqs, tables/benches, toilets. We usually get about 10 families (with & without children) so not too many people that it gets all too much. And another family is living in Samford (but I think Samford Show is the same date).

You'd be most welcome!

Archived