Moving to The Gap in Brisbane

Bamjango

Lots of advice on this forum. Normal to get worried but it's a big and brave thing you're doing. Kids will be fine, may grumble at first or may love it. Gap is a lovely area of Brissie and I've heard that the schools are fantastic. Coming in July is a great move - easier to find a rental and you can have a decent transition to warmer weather - don't forget your warm things - seriously it can get chilly at night!

• 3 weeks later...
:wacko: Moving in July after a very long wait. Anyone got any advice for us to make our and the boys (11 and 12 year olds) transition easier, as getting worried! :arghh:

OK so I presume you've already lined up a school for the boys? Obviously that will be a big social outlet for them and making friends will certainly help. If they like the outdoors then you've got lots of things to do round the gap and I think the change of environment will seem exciting to them. Here are a few options:

Also, get to know your neighbours, especially if they have kids. There are kids playing out on my street all the time.

Hope this helps!

Archived