EOI' s in June???

Hodgies2Oz

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is currently a block on all new GSM visa's being granted, so I suspect that DIBP have taken the decision to cancel the June invitation dates.

I imagine that DIBP don't want to have a huge stockpile of visa applications until the current ones in the system are dealt with. (Possibly because it would distort their processing performance indicators).

The new programme year starts on 1st July so I would imagine that the EOI invitation rounds will start again after that date.

There is currently a block on all new GSM visa's being granted, so I suspect that DIBP have taken the decision to cancel the June invitation dates.

I imagine that DIBP don't want to have a huge stockpile of visa applications until the current ones in the system are dealt with. (Possibly because it would distort their processing performance indicators).

The new programme year starts on 1st July so I would imagine that the EOI invitation rounds will start again after that date.

Thank you very much for the info CaptainC. Where do you find out your gen, the immi website seems to be the last place to be updated! It's interesting to note, the last invitation round on 22nd May doesn't appear to have gone ahead either. Bit disappointing but still it's only a few weeks!

Thank you very much for the info CaptainC. Where do you find out your gen, the immi website seems to be the last place to be updated! It's interesting to note, the last invitation round on 22nd May doesn't appear to have gone ahead either. Bit disappointing but still it's only a few weeks!

Below is a post from the April 189 Visa applicants thread. Also, lots of people are receiving emails from DIBP informing of the same problem. Sadly the DIBP website is always frustratingly out of date.

"To all who are interested in knowing: I called up DIBP and asked if there was truth in the rumour going around that there will be no more grants till July 2015 because the quota for Skilled Migration visas has been filled up. He said clearly that it was true and that I had to be patient till the new financial year starts in July. He said they are still processing applications and that some people might receive a delay mail if the CO requires nothing else and for others the CO will ask for additional information. However, NO GRANTS will be issued until JULY 2015 forward. So let's all be patient and look forward to JULY. Its barely 30 days away. Countdown starts now!"

This is comment left in spread sheet.

We have to relax until July...

there are invitation rounds on the first and third Friday of every month. Date of effect??

Congratulations......so my theory was unfounded!!

What the previous poster means, is a date that is posted on the immi website around a week after the invitation round. That date is the latest date that somebody submitted their EOI and was invited (so for example, if the date said 3rd May 2015 07:25, it would mean that any people that submitted EOI before that date and time would have an invitation)

It's not currently published, so it's not possible to know it anyway.

It might help to post what date you submitted EOI, and also how many points you had.

CaptainC, I have literally just received an invitation to apply. My application needs to be lodged by 4th August, so it seems they are still looking at applications.

Excellent!! Congratulations!! It was only a theory anyway based on the current visa grant delay... ;-)

Would have helped if they'd mentioned something on their website instead of getting people confused and worried!!

Thank you CaptainC, at least you tried to offer a light at the end of the tunnel! It's one hell of a drag is this visa malarkey, definitely be worth it in the end though fingers crossed. Hodges, I just received an email, nothing on the immi website still!

Thats brilliant Rose11, well done!

Did you get an email or do you just have to keep checking for any correspondence on the immi site?

Thank you & good luck xxx

Thankyou :0)

it was an email, on the Thursday afternoon. I'm thinking the next round will be on the 19th June but will come through on email on the Thursday 18th. So keep a look out. When did you do your eoi? Xx

CaptainC, I have literally just received an invitation to apply. My application needs to be lodged by 4th August, so it seems they are still looking at applications.

Congratulations to you. :0)

Archived