Partner visas

Aussiegirl

Hello everyone, we are putting in our visas forms for partner migration ,I am an Aussie born and bred ,but have lived here for a good 10+years, and yippee going back home now,with my partner and kids. Has anyone done the new visa with the new guidelines going in for the 309 for PR visa,and how long has it taken it says guide line of 10-14mths till approved, any tips or info would be much a appreciated :wink:

Hello everyone, we are putting in our visas forms for partner migration ,I am an Aussie born and bred ,but have lived here for a good 10+years, and yippee going back home now,with my partner and kids. Has anyone done the new visa with the new guidelines going in for the 309 for PR visa,and how long has it taken it says guide line of 10-14mths till approved, any tips or info would be much a appreciated :wink:

Try the 'Summary: Spouse visa processing times' thread further down the page, 1000+ pages of useful info there :smile:

Hi Aussie girl. My experience was to take your time and make sure you fill out everything and double check it before sending off.Try to give as much evidence as poss about relationship with partner and your day to day living.( recent bills, mortgage, with both your names on. If you can prove your relationship with your OH, they will probably get their PV (100).At present looking at the threads most people seem to be getting their visas through at the 10 month point, might get slightly longer now for you. All the best and if you need any more info let me know.

Hi Aussie girl. My experience was to take your time and make sure you fill out everything and double check it before sending off.Try to give as much evidence as poss about relationship with partner and your day to day living.( recent bills, mortgage, with both your names on. If you can prove your relationship with your OH, they will probably get their PV (100).At present looking at the threads most people seem to be getting their visas through at the 10 month point, might get slightly longer now for you. All the best and if you need any more info let me know.

I have being with my OH for 15 yrs ,3kids and mortgage in the UK, my family is out in Aussie, what did you mean will be slightly longer for me regarding the 10mths point

Hi Aussie girl, sorry I meant your other half's visa possibly taking longer than 10 months. Looking at the threads recently the visas are coming through around the 10 month mark, but the process is defiantly taking longer, mid/last yr the process was taking 9-12 months, since then the Aus embassy have upped it between 10-14 months, hopefully the 10 month mark will be correct!!!

Hi Aussie girl, sorry I meant your other half's visa possibly taking longer than 10 months. Looking at the threads recently the visas are coming through around the 10 month mark, but the process is defiantly taking longer, mid/last yr the process was taking 9-12 months, since then the Aus embassy have upped it between 10-14 months, hopefully the 10 month mark will be correct!!!

I hope so ,but will give us more time to sort stuff outs and save and pack and sell house

Archived