Hiya

Guest Koala

Thought an introduction was the best way to start :)

My family (husband and son) moved to Aus from Lincolnshire. We lived in Sydney (Roseville and Castle Hill) for twenty one years, and then we moved to the mid north coast of NSW seven years ago. How time flies when you're having fun :lol:

Living here is like having a never ending holiday. We're only a five minute walk away from the beach, and our dog and I start every day with an early morning walk there. We're especially lucky to be able to watch the whales when the season's right, and we often see pods of dolphins really close to the shore.

We have regular visits from the local Koalas, possums and blue tongue lizards, we have quite a number of these, and some of them live in the garage and other places around the garden. Not to mention the beautiful bird life. If I drive to the outskirts of town in the late afternoon. I can watch twenty or thirty kangaroos and the odd wallaby in the fields. On the way we pass a field of camels, there's about a dozen or so, and they are used to give rides to adults and kids on one of the many beaches here.

I will always have a special bond with England, and miss people that I love and left there. I still miss favourite foods that cannot be replaced - fresh haddock, Lincolnshire sausages, bacon and pork pies with Colman's mustard (my mouth is watering now :roll:) Cadbury's Dairy Milk, the preservatives in ours make a difference to the taste.

I do know that I couldn't go back to live there now though.

Hi daisy,

I live in Port Macquarie, or paradise as the locals call it. Beautiful one day, perfect the next, is our motto :lol:

Good luck with the move. We arrived in Sydney twenty eight years ago on 1/11/78. Time flies when you're having fun - certainly don't know where all those years have gone. Do know that coming here was the best decision we ever made though. Hope you feel the same, given time, of course.

Koala

Hi daisy,

I live in Port Macquarie, or paradise as the locals call it. Beautiful one day, perfect the next, is our motto :lol:

Good luck with the move. We arrived in Sydney twenty eight years ago on 1/11/78. Time flies when you're having fun - certainly don't know where all those years have gone. Do know that coming here was the best decision we ever made though. Hope you feel the same, given time, of course.

Koala

Archived