Visa advice for Cable Jointer

Jack Woodard

Hello everyone

I am new to all this stuff on forums so please bare with me

I have joined to maybe get in contact with someone who can help me on my quest to migrate to OZ to do a bit of cable jointing,

i am a fully authorised cable jointer on various networks across the uk

i have:

LV/HV on all cables for Scottish and sourthen energy

LV on Scottish power networks

LV on western power distribution

LV on electricity North west

LV ON UK power networks

just looking for a route in or maybe some contacts

thanks a lot

Jack Woodard

Hi Jack and welcome to the forum.

The occupation of Technical Cable Jointer (ANZSCO code 342212) is on the SOL so is eligible for all skilled work visas including the best visa of all which is the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189). A 189 is a permanent points tested visa for which you will need a positive skills assessment and 60 points on the points test but if you can meet those requirements, you won't need any kind of sponsorship.

Skills Assessment for a Technical Cable Jointer from the UK is carried out under the TRA Offshore Skills Assessment Program so you should start by checking out their requirements.

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/Offshore/Pages/default.aspx

Hi Jack and welcome to the forum.

The occupation of Technical Cable Jointer (ANZSCO code 342212) is on the SOL so is eligible for all skilled work visas including the best visa of all which is the Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189). A 189 is a permanent points tested visa for which you will need a positive skills assessment and 60 points on the points test but if you can meet those requirements, you won't need any kind of sponsorship.

Skills Assessment for a Technical Cable Jointer from the UK is carried out under the TRA Offshore Skills Assessment Program so you should start by checking out their requirements.

http://www.tradesrecognitionaustralia.gov.au/Programs/Offshore/Pages/default.aspx

Thank you very much I will have a look right now

• 8 months later...

Archived