Area for family with children aged 9 and 11.

Hodgies2Oz

We are thinking of the Chapel Hill, Kenmore or The Gap as a place to live out in Brisbane. We are all cyclists and therefore being near the parks/green areas is important. However, I think we would only be 45mins from the CBD and a bit more, maybe an hour to the beach so we could still commute in a reasonable time and visit the beach without too much travelling. If anyone knows of these areas and thinks this would be a bad choice of area, would you please let me know. I also need to consider the schools for the children as well but 'I think' these are ok areas for them. Any advice would be really appreciated x

Hi there,

Kenmore's really pretty, lots of greenery and The Gap is also attractive but it's v hilly around there. Have you checked out Google maps at around 7am here to see how long the commute would take by car into the city from all locations? I don't know anything about Chapel Hill, sorry. I just checked Albert Street in Brisbane to The Gap at 5pm on Google maps and it's an 18 minute journey which is fantastic! I remember doing a search of that area for primary schools a few years ago and they seemed high up in the league tables.

Have you checked out the better education.com.au website - http://bettereducation.com.au/school/Primary/qld/brisbane_top_government_primary_schools.aspx for info on primary schools in all areas?

Hope that helps a bit, sorry I don't know much about those areas though. Susie

Archived