Electrician working on training permit ?

I am still working on my training permit at the moment working with another sparky so am supervised, he's off on hols for a couple of weeks and i have a feeling the company i work for won't give me any work as they believe i have to have someone with me, although other people on the firm don't have licence's and it's OK for them to work alone ( we won't go there ). I have been onto the codes of practice / rang Queensland licensing and know one can give me an answer as to what is supervised. I would assume that having a mobile phone should you need advice on something should be acceptable as you don't have someone watching you all day long connecting sockets etc, any idea where i can find out so i can give my company something to reference, any info would be appreciated.

I am still working on my training permit at the moment working with another sparky so am supervised, he's off on hols for a couple of weeks and i have a feeling the company i work for won't give me any work as they believe i have to have someone with me, although other people on the firm don't have licence's and it's OK for them to work alone ( we won't go there ). I have been onto the codes of practice / rang Queensland licensing and know one can give me an answer as to what is supervised. I would assume that having a mobile phone should you need advice on something should be acceptable as you don't have someone watching you all day long connecting sockets etc, any idea where i can find out so i can give my company something to reference, any info would be appreciated.

Sorry, I didn't quite catch that. Do you have a licence or not?

Archived