from 475 to 887 visa

Tony

Hi, I just joined this great forum and I would like to clarify one thing before applying for 887 visa.

We (+ my wife and 2 kids) came here on June 3, 2013 after getting the 475 visa on Jan 25, 2013 and I am the primary applicant. My wife got a job in September 2103 but I just got a job in March 17, 2014. I had the same job until now which is full time but temporary, although the management will be giving me a permanent job once I got a PR.

We'll soon be applying for PR 887 visa on June 4, 2015 since we should have satisfied the two year residency and 1 year job in the Northern Territory. My concern is about the one year full time job requirement. I wonder if it will affect my application when I got the job so late (10 months arrival). I could not find in the provision when - in the duration of the visa - the primary applicant should have the full time job.

I hope somebody can clarify about this. Thank you very much.

Tony

The June 4 date will be fine for an 887 application as you will have met both the 2 years residence and 1 year full time work requirement.

It doesn't matter that you didn't find full time work until March 2014. In fact, even if you still had not been able to find full time work, if your wife has been working full time, she would be able to apply for the the 887 as the primary applicant.

Hi I m on 487 visa and going to complete 2 years next month ...I m main applicant bt I m doing part time job and my husband have full time job.....I know he can be a primary applicant when I ll aplly 887 bt u m confused when I ll start online application , then I need to fill his information as a primary applicant or if I get any errors....thanks

Archived