Ipswich

alancooper77

Hi all I've been offered a job in Ipswich QLD, can anyone give me any details about the area, we are a family of 4 two children aged 10 and 13. I don't really want to be in a city area but would be will to travel up to 30 minutes drive or train journey, any tips and advice would be very welcome.

MANY THANKS :)

Ipswich get HOT it also gets huge storms with hail stones and in winter it can be very cold first thing though it warms up during the day. Lovely old buildings, but it does have some not so nice areas. You could look at Moggill, Bellbowrie areas which are quite country. There is a car ferry across the river to Riverview where you can jump on the freeway to Ipswich takes about 25 minuets. There are days when the ferry is out of action due to floods but that is not very often and there are roads around the river they just take a little longer. Give the area around Red Bank Plains, Riverview, Goodna, and Gailes a miss. As Cal said Springfield Lakes is worth a look

Thank you Tina2 great to get some feed back :smile:

Many Many people commute in and out of Ipswich every day. Road use to be a nightmare but major upgrade has made a huge difference. Its where Amberley Airbase is. There are nice areas with in easy driving distance, but we are all different what some like others would hate, so like always if you can get over for a look that is the best thing to do.

just some info for you http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellbowrie,_Queensland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Lakes,_Queensland

Make sure you have aircon when property looking and a covered area for your car(s). Have a read on the internet about the weather, look at the trainline (if that matters to you) for Brisbane CBD, even look at Google maps with the traffic bit on when it's our rush hours to see how red some of the roads can get.

Good luck with it all :-)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi we live in Springfield Lakes it's a nice area lots of new builds (houses), schools, train station (hubby drives in to work Ipswich way as you have to get train into Dara then swap for Ipswich which basically takes you up track to come back down), into the city (Brisbane) takes about 30-40 mins I think I've not been on it but daughter has, a new swimming lagoon being built should be ready by the end of the year (fingers crossed), the shopping center is being extended with a new cinema and shops cafes etc, theres nice park to walk around and for kids to play in also got a little water playground + cafe..they do Sunday markets during the summer months plus have quite a few kiddy activities going on too (check local mags), the shopping center has a Woolwoths supermarket and an Aldi and a Coles opening in the new extension..Lots of houses up for rent at the moment around here and surrounding areas..not sure but I think the Kiwis have done a mass exodus back home for work rebuilding they're own country after earthquakes (could be wrong but don't see them out and about as we used to)..a new hospital is being built should be ready soon plus a new university. Hope this helps

Hi we live in Springfield Lakes it's a nice area lots of new builds (houses), schools, train station (hubby drives Ipswich way for work as you have to get train into Dara then swap for Ipswich which basically takes you up track to come back down), into the city (Brisbane) takes about 30-40 mins I think I've not been on it but daughter has, a new swimming lagoon being built should be ready by the end of the year (fingers crossed), the shopping center is being extended with a new cinema and shops cafes etc, theres nice park to walk around and for kids to play in also got a little water playground + cafe..they do Sunday markets during the summer months plus have quite a few kiddy activities going on too (check local mags), the shopping center has a Woolwoths supermarket and an Aldi and a Coles opening in the new extension..Lots of houses up for rent at the moment around here and surrounding areas..not sure but I think the Kiwis have done a mass exodus back home for work rebuilding they're own country after earthquakes (could be wrong but don't see them out and about as we used to)..a new hospital is being built should be ready soon plus a new university. Hope this helps

Archived