Best IT job websites...and some good agencies...

foibles

OK - so the missus and I have Visa approval for the UK. She's allowed to work, I'm not - but I find that notion quite palatable really.....but it is not without it's T's and C's.

Such as....I am now at her back and call for a range of admin and heavy lifting tasks....one of which is to determine which websites are the most 'reliable' for those seeking work in the IT sector.

She's a Test Manager with a reputable university here in Australia, and is looking for work as either a Test Manager or Test Lead.

Can anyone recommend any websites that are particularly useful (I presume Indeed and Reed are good examples?) in terms of starting the work search?

(We have LinkedIn covered already.....and this will be her primary networking platform).

Feedback appreciated. Now I am off to learn how to make toast.

Rgds,

Foibles

Jobserve.co.uk is by far the best for Test Managers. itjobboard is pretty good.

There are no agencies I recommend - none that I know are interested in finding you work, they are interested in filling vacancies for employers - no harm in her sending her CV to them all though.

Where are you hoping to live? I might be able to help with contacts.

Thank you all.

Lady Rainicorn - I completely appreciate what you've said in relation to the motivations of recruiters...for it is the same here in Oz (and likely other countries too).

As for where we are hoping to live - well, in part that can be determined by where she gets the right role....we'll travel all the way up north if need be, however her preference is London, and my preference is Southern UK, and closer to the coast if possible (from SW to South to SE - basically running a latitudinal line no more than 5 miles north of London and anywhere below). From what I am told, roles pay much more in London, but this is commensurate with the costs of living there too. So if it ends up being a zero sum gain, we're largely impartial to where we live.

(In fact, it is more 'in what' we live, rather than where. She wants to live in a secure apartment complex with 24-hour concierge, gym + pool, I would prefer to live on a sprawling estate with 10 car garage. Given we'll be after something fully furnished, I suspect we'll have far more options in terms of inner city apartments, than we will in beachside manors. In reality though, we don't need a large abode, and we often get by in 1 or 2BR apartment complexes in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney)

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Archived