RE PLASTERING AQF qualification in UK?

roxytu

Hi just a quickie, same old story once again, my husband is a plasterer and has been for 20+ yrs running his own business. He has looked into the NVQ 2 which he can pay for and complete in a matter of weeks, however the TRA say he has to have 3yrs experience post qualification, (as he will be 50yrs old next year, thats not possible), TRA have said that you could consider taking a Recognition of Prior Learing(RPL) with a registered Australian Reg Training Organisation(RTO). , so basically complete the Aussie AQF Cert in plastering. Does any one now of any companies in the UK that this could be taken.? We are in the South East, but dont mind travelling to anywhere just to complete this. We are now pulling our hair out already, so many hoops to jump!! If and when this does get done , we have just enough points to go over on the 487 visa. . I did get offered a job on a 457 sponsor visa , but the company that was going to employ me has deceided that it would be to much money for them!, so back to the drawing board and , hopefully now rely on hubbies skills. Thanks

• 9 months later...

Yes there is/was one when I got a AQF3 in metalwork, seem to remember they do most trades. Can't think of the bloody company name now, but guy was called Darren Leake (sp) Herts way, but it was all done online, including interview from Au.

Lots of paperwork to gather and cost £2k approx. Will post company name when I dig it up .

Archived