Information Overload needed!

marenmatt1

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are planning on moving to the UK in the next couple of years. I have been googling and reading up as much info as possible but would love to hear from people who have actually done it. So if you could answer any of the following questions, I will be forever grateful :hug:

We are planning on shipping our cat over, some sites I've read say she needs a pet passport or Australian equivalent which will then have to be changed to a pet passport once she has been in the UK for a certain amount of time. Also the quarantine time is very vague, as long as she has the correct paperwork can we just pick her up as soon as she has arrived at the airport or get her dropped off?

We are planning on selling or donating most of our stuff before the move, but would like to ship our queen size bed, draws, bedside tables, mattress and books etc. Are we best getting a move cube? I have tried to get a quote on their site but it won't let me enter the UK as my shipping destination. Also estimated shipping time?

As I am Australian born I am currently deliberating between trying to get my EU passport (grandparents were from there) or getting the spouse visa. Any help from people who have done either would be appreciated. Also if anyone got a British passport or Ancestry Visa from having a great grand parent from there?

Sorry for all the questions, Thank you! :)

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are planning on moving to the UK in the next couple of years. I have been googling and reading up as much info as possible but would love to hear from people who have actually done it. So if you could answer any of the following questions, I will be forever grateful :hug:

We are planning on shipping our cat over, some sites I've read say she needs a pet passport or Australian equivalent which will then have to be changed to a pet passport once she has been in the UK for a certain amount of time. Also the quarantine time is very vague, as long as she has the correct paperwork can we just pick her up as soon as she has arrived at the airport or get her dropped off?

We are planning on selling or donating most of our stuff before the move, but would like to ship our queen size bed, draws, bedside tables, mattress and books etc. Are we best getting a move cube? I have tried to get a quote on their site but it won't let me enter the UK as my shipping destination. Also estimated shipping time?

As I am Australian born I am currently deliberating between trying to get my EU passport (grandparents were from there) or getting the spouse visa. Any help from people who have done either would be appreciated. Also if anyone got a British passport or Ancestry Visa from having a great grand parent from there?

Sorry for all the questions, Thank you! :)

Sorry you won't be able to get an ancestry visa through a great grand parent. However you may be able to get an eu passport through your grand parents. Personally i'd try that first before the spouse visa. the spouse visa has a financial requirement plus other conditions you will need to meet so it's a harder longer option. Good luck

Archived