ANMAC skills assessment submitted October 2015, still awaiting LOD

Cozz

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I just wondered if anyone knows how long the skills assessment are taking from ANMAC at the moment? Mine was submitted in October last year and I am still waiting for my letter of determination.

As far as I'm aware there haven't been any problems along the way apart from a small delay in getting the nursing verification from the NMC (because the agent I'm using told me to request transcripts instead of verification). However, that was weeks ago and I can't understand what's taking so long.

My agent forwarded an email from ANMAC a few weeks ago saying the assessment had been finalised but the letter of determination has not yet arrived. I won't be happy until I know my agent has physically received the letter. What's worrying me is that I don't know if 'finalised' means that it has been positive or not.

Would be be grateful to hear anyone's thoughts on this and whether anyone has experienced anything similar.

thanks

Thank you for your reply jac2011. Yes, that is a bit worrying. I do keep pestering my agent and she has said that if it doesn't arrive next week she will ask for another to be sent. Annoyingly I won't hear anything now until after Easter.

i did try calling ANMAC directly but as I am using an agent they wouldn't give me any information. My agent told me that ANMAC won't attach LOD's to emails, so that's a bit worrying too.

it looks like I'm going to have to eat Easter eggs all weekend to settle my nerves!

thanks again. I'll let you know what happens.

Sorry to hear about your agent, I would certainly be reminding them that you are paying for their services.

ANMAC website states a current timescale of 12 weeks so your agent should certainly have been chasing this for you before now. In order to have it attached to an email I think you may have to ask. I had emailed a query on their website when I got an email saying that it would be granted within the next few weeks. On the day my LOD was granted I had 2 emails, one had my LOD attached.

The emails did not use the words 'positive assessment' on it but I do believe that if you have an email saying your LOD is on it's way then you have been successful. It does say 'successful' on the LOD. Perhaps if your agent will query this today you will receive an email next week?

Thank you for your reply. A little while ago I attended a 'down under live' show and must have left my details with a migration agency because I received an email from them yesterday saying that AMNAC have changed their standards and are no longer recognising diploma trained nurses. Now I'm really panicking as I don't know whether my skills were assessed before or after these changes were made. I suppose that's what has caused all the delays.

Do you have a nursing degree? If so, that's probably why you received your LOD so quickly. It's just a waiting game now. Hopefully I'll hear something next week.

Cozz be very careful who you speak too and the next move you make as this could go a number of ways.

Number 1... As far as I am aware no one has reported that on this site or Facebook and generally we have some fantastic agents who make us aware of changes. Could it be they are confused as AHPRA changed the rules in October 2013 and expect you to be degree trained?

Number 2... Make sure the agent you are using is MARA registered and you have checked out reviews on the company. The same I would say for the agent that emailed you.

Number 3... Phone your agent ASAP and made they update you urgently.

Are you able to confirm the exact email you received last?

• 7 months later...
Cozz be very careful who you speak too and the next move you make as this could go a number of ways.

Number 1... As far as I am aware no one has reported that on this site or Facebook and generally we have some fantastic agents who make us aware of changes. Could it be they are confused as AHPRA changed the rules in October 2013 and expect you to be degree trained?

Number 2... Make sure the agent you are using is MARA registered and you have checked out reviews on the company. The same I would say for the agent that emailed you.

Number 3... Phone your agent ASAP and made they update you urgently.

Are you able to confirm the exact email you received last?

Hi, I am faced with the similar situation. I sent in my documents on August 10th 2015. A month later they wrote to me saying I need to re submit my professional reference which took me about a month to get. I re-submitted it on Oct 2nd 2015. I got the mail saying that they got the document and will be reviewing it 'soon'. Now its more than a month since I sent the reference and a total of 13 weeks since my initial submission. I have not contacted them as the website says we should not do so as it might cause delay in the assessment. I have been asking around and some have got theirs in less than 9 weeks. That is really worrying me. Do you think I should contact my case officer and find out what is happening? I asked around about that too but got diverse advices with some encouraging me to find out while some said it will be of no use.I am really in dilemma now. What should I do?

Sorry in continuation to the above, I called up to my previous employer who gave me the reference. He said ANMAC has not contacted him. He has given his office PABX numbers which is all the time busy.Do you think that could be the problem? ANMAC not being able to contact him? He said it is o.k to give his mobile phone number if needed. Do you think I should write that to ANMAC. I would really appreciate your help and advices in this. Thanks!!

Archived