Skills assessment timing for chef in UK.

katherine1989

Bristol isn't too bad really but they spread it across two days. They do the speaking tests on Friday evenings. Saying that tho I live less than a kilometre from the bristol test centre I'm still going to drive for an hour and a half to burton to take my test there in a weeks time. Just a nicer atmosphere

• 2 weeks later...

I have been following these threads, but now I feel like I have to pass the IELTS. Just for my own mind... I won't let it beat me. haha

I have been following these threads, but now I feel like I have to pass the IELTS. Just for my own mind... I won't let it beat me. haha

I'm a very determined beggar too so I can see where you're coming from but you don't mind paying them over and over when it's their test at fault rather than your English ability?

So today I got an email saying that I have passed the first stage of the skills assessment.

I now need to fill out a small form asking me to pay for either a technical($1400AUD) or practical($1500AUD) assessment. Just waiting to find out which I should be applying for.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting 10 days after I paid for the technical interview to hear about a date!

(I see I'm the only one interested in this thread now but I'll keep updating incase other chefs come along with questions)

Archived