Visa and Skills... More questions... Sorry!

Hi,

I am just after some info, I have tried to look through the boards but haven't found anything similar...

I am fully qualified Level 2 & 3 Business Administration and Level 2 Customer Service, I am wondering what my chances of getting a Visa would be? I am not thinking of going for a permanent Visa for atleast a couple of years but just wanted some advice... Would these be enough to get me across or would I have to specialize? Thinking of Accounting or Medical Admin... Sorry if these have been asked before and the amount of questions I have may get highly annoying so apologies in advance!!

I have yes... I can find Medical Administrator which is great but I don't as yet have this qualification. I only have my Medical Terminology.

I have yes... I can find Medical Administrator which is great but I don't as yet have this qualification. I only have my Medical Terminology.

To get a skilled migrant visa as a medical administrator you would need to have qualifications at a degree level - is this something you are working on?

If you can find an employer sponsor for a temporary visa, then it might negate the need for the qualification.

I'm afraid you'll need more than a basic qualification to be able to get a visa as a Medical Administrator. Unless you can find sponsorship for a temporary 457 visa (probably impossible given the very senior nature of the job), you must have a positive skills assessment from VETASSESS before you can get any other visa. The VETASSESS assessment requirements are:

[h=3]Medical Administrator (ANZSCO Code 134211)[/h]This occupation requires a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If the qualification(s) are not at the required educational level, or if the employment has been completed prior to the qualification, then the employment will be assessed below the required skill level.

The role of Medical Administrator is usually the most senior medical management position in a hospital or hospital department. They may also be known by other titles such as Medical Manager, Director of Clinical Services, and Director of Medical Services.

Medical administration is administration or management utilising the medical and clinical knowledge, skill, and judgement of a registered medical practitioner, and capable of affecting the health and safety of the public or any person (RACMA).

A highly relevant field of study is Medicine. Medical Administrators may also hold additional higher qualifications in Health Administration and Public Health.

Please note that this occupation is at a higher skill level and tasks are different to practicing physicians, medical officers, nursing managers, interns, administrative hospital staff and non-hospital practice managers.

Other managers in health care settings may better fit under other related occupations and therefore would not be assessed positively for this occupation. These other occupations include 134213 Primary Health Organisation Manager, which covers out-of-hospital health services, and 134299 Health and Welfare Services Managers nec, which includes Directors of Health Professional Services not elsewhere classified.

Qualifications in Nursing or allied health fields such as Dentistry and Homeopathy, would not usually meet the requirements for this occupation.

Currently considering my degree however also considering finance... Both are what I have previous experience in. It's just figuring out what is actually best for me career wise. Thanks for you help guys :)

Archived