Change of Location for State Sponsorship Visa

Deb Moss

Does anyone have any experience of going to a different state other than that on their sponsorship visa? Our visa states we have a moral obligation to remain in the state for 2 years. So if anyone has experience of changing this either before or after arrival, please advise if the process was easy? Possible?

Thank you

Thank you for your reply. Job prospects are much weaker now than when we applied. We still want to make the move and with our visa end date looming, we were looking at different states where more jobs are available in my husbands field. I don't know if we are legally allowed to be in a different state.

Thank you for your reply. Job prospects are much weaker now than when we applied. We still want to make the move and with our visa end date looming, we were looking at different states where more jobs are available in my husbands field. I don't know if we are legally allowed to be in a different state.

If it is a 176 or 190 you can live anywhere in Australia. But if you have Regional provisional visa you can still live in any state as long as it is in a regional area postcode regardless of the sponsoring state.

Our state sponsorship agreement after the visa was granted stated that we had to live in the sponsoring state for the first 2 years after the visa is granted. To be this means our obligation ended 2 years after grant and 1 year after we validated the visa. But even then it's an obligation and will not affect getting jobs or eligibllity for citizenship in the future.

Archived