190 visa lodged January 2015

Guest spreadingwings

Hey guys has anyone applied for the 190 NSW Nominations after February 2015?

currently I have 55 points (not including the state sponsorship 5 pts) and my Occupation is in their NSW state occupation list.

My question is am I eligible to claim 5 points when I submit my EOI before been nominated by the state. It is not clearly mention in the NSW web.

Or Is there any different application process ( direct contact with NSW state or etc...) need to be complete in order to eligible state nomination and claim 5 pts?

This is my first post and not sure where this is the right thread.

Thank you all

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys has anyone applied for the 190 NSW Nominations after February 2015?

currently I have 55 points (not including the state sponsorship 5 pts) and my Occupation is in their NSW state occupation list.

My question is am I eligible to claim 5 points when I submit my EOI before been nominated by the state. It is not clearly mention in the NSW web.

Or Is there any different application process ( direct contact with NSW state or etc...) need to be complete in order to eligible state nomination and claim 5 pts?

This is my first post and not sure where this is the right thread.

Thank you all

You'll be granted the 5 bonus points when you submit your EOI. It is shown in the points breakdown file...

Looks like there has been some movement in the 190 world per other forums... Few who lodged their visa towards end of Feb and Mar has got their grants... Wonder when first week of Feb will be blessed with a visa by DIBP...

Surely these people must have been onshore applicants? I'll be rather miffed if not ....

They must be onshore applicants...otherwise they've skipped those that lodged in January, like me! Spoke with our agent again recently - she hasn't had any 190 grants come through for quite a few weeks now...not looking hopeful to get anything before 1st July

Hi guys

This thread indicates that 190 grants have started moving again, and confirms that many of us (including me) have moved from 'processing' to 'received' in IMMI. I'm holding thumbs that this means a grant is around the corner next week :)

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/687682-190-visa-gang-lodged-jan-feb-2015-a-32.html

• Like 1

Hi guys

This thread indicates that 190 grants have started moving again, and confirms that many of us (including me) have moved from 'processing' to 'received' in IMMI. I'm holding thumbs that this means a grant is around the corner next week :)

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/687682-190-visa-gang-lodged-jan-feb-2015-a-32.html

Hope you're right Melbourne!

Less than 6 weeks until July is here, I just need to keep busy and stop thinking about visas!

Same here, although we're talking about shipping are stuff over soon, in the next week or so. It just seems a little crazy to do it without a grant

Same here, although we're talking about shipping are stuff over soon, in the next week or so. It just seems a little crazy to do it without a grant

Wow, that's brave to do it without the grant! Would you just have it sent to a storage facility until you arrive and how long does shipping typically take? We're having a big clear out this week and will then start on getting some shipping companies over to quote

Wow, that's brave to do it without the grant! Would you just have it sent to a storage facility until you arrive and how long does shipping typically take? We're having a big clear out this week and will then start on getting some shipping companies over to quote

I think brave = stupid in this case! I don't even know if it can be shipped without a visa, I'll look into it and if I can ship it it'll go off to a friends house.

Shipping is around 10 - 12 weeks and we are using seven seas as we have used them twice previously for international moves, both times without incidence. We're only shipping seven boxes (4 Book Box (51x41x31cm), 3 Large Box (61x51x41cm) ) they quoted around £360.

Not sure if i'll ship them yet though, while I am confident in getting a grant it would be rather embarrassing for the visa to be refused and my shipping to be on its way! However, I would rather be without things in the UK and have them sooner in Aus

My IMMI status changed from 'processing' to 'application received' a week or two ago, and after mailing my VPO to ask why, I got this response this morning:

"This means the application is ready for decision however as outlined in the email below, the Department has reached the maximum number of visas granted in the 190 visa category for this Programme Year. Visas will re-commence to decision 1 July 2015."

So at least there's no more guessing involved. 1 July it is.

Has the status changed for all who applied in Jan/Feb from "assessment in progress" to "application received "??? Mine has not changed. "Last updated" date also remains to be the day I lodged my visa..

Not sure about mine...we're using an agent so I don't log onto the system at all. Sorry that wasn't much help!