Newbie coming over in april/may

Garreth Peat

Hey all,

im coming over sometime in april/may but im new this whole thing so i was wondering where the best place to start would be?

im looking to start working when i can but i think i will be ok for couple of weeks to find my feet and hopefully a few friends to maybe travel with. im looking forward to it but nervous at the same time so if anyone has any tips or facebook pages that i could have a look on that would be a great help also anyone who would like to meet up over then thats great too im sure there will be plenty of places to stay and people to meet but knowing someone before hand could make things a bit easier.

little bit about me im Garreth 28 quite a decent guy i used to be in the navy but i only went west to south america and the carribean hence why im coming to Aus haha and maybe some other places, ive got a fear of heights but hpefully i will over come that over there, i can drive to so that might be a bonus. so if anyone fancies a chat then feel free to message me.

cheers :biglaugh:

hello Gerreth! im hoping to travel over in august time 2 weeks finding feet then start work out there. im going on my own being 27 (28 come august) most of my friends are married with kids and houses to pay for, the others just havent got the balls to leave the town. where in australia you heading? im planning to go perth but il head where ever work and a beach is.

Hey!

I'm Matt, (29 years old) and am landing in Sydney on 8th April. I then plan on heading up towards Cairns to do my regional work for 3 months.....but nothing set in stone yet.

Where you planning on heading initially?

hey everyone just finished work :( if im honest i have no idea where im going to start ive been advised to go to cairns as itll be winter and a bit cooler there then head from there but i havent got anything set in stone im just waiting for my visa (fingers crossed) then ill be sorting a date out and a flight i might do a couple of day stop over at a place where ive got to connect from ie hong kong or thailand see what happens id like to meet a few people out there maybe travel about together :-) does anyone no any good facebook pages or site to check out??

p.s sorry for the grammar and spelling im to lazy to correct it all haha

thanks ive liked them :) so you got any tips on where to start and what to do when i get there i.e places to stay things too do??

I've never been yet so I'm probably not the best person to ask but most people seem to do all the major sights in Queensland like the barrier reef, airlie beach etc. Then Melbourne, Sydney etc. Have a look on hostel booker for hostel reviews. Also there's loads of useful threads on here. If you check i started one called "where to go" and people posted suggestions on there. Might help you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there guys!

My names Jacob and I'm 18 years old. I'm heading out to Australia around the beginning of August 2015 (hopefully for two years). I'm looking for a anyone who would be keep to meet up with my whole I'm over there. I'm going to start off in Brisbane because I've got some family there that I'm very close to. After that I'll be heading off in any direction to eventually travel all of Australia. I'm a really friendly and outgoing guy and I'll love to meet anyone! I'd really enjoy to have some company along the way and even find a backpacking buddy to travel the whole country. I can drive and I'll be buying a car almost immediately when I arrive so travel should not be an issue. If anyone's interested please let me know :)

Archived