Certificate Issue

PomCop

Afternoon!

I was hopping to be submitting my skills assessment to TRA at the end of April/beginning of May, as that's when I'll be 3 years post qualification experienced in my trade. I've just come across a potential problem. I've just looked at my certificate and the issue date says 02/07/2012 - now what does that mean? Does it mean that's when I was qualified in the trade or does it simply mean that's when the certificate was issued? For example, if I contacted the assessing authority now for the certificate and said I needed to order a new one due to it being lost, would the issue date be (hypothetically) 20/05/2015 when it gets reissued?

This will set me back 3 months if it is the case that the issue date is what the TRA will be looking for.

Cheers,

PomCop

Hi,

Your cert says issue date rather than Qualified date, so you are safe but don't take my words for it.

Generally dates on the certificates are issue dates rather than the date you qualified. to Clear things up for the case worker, if you can submit your work experience letter to cover 3 years and include a personal statement (or something like this) to explain the dates, this will be sufficient - I think.

So in your case, your work letter should say you have worked from 30/04/2012 to 30/04/2015 (something like this to cover 3 years) and you can include a statement to notify the case worker, that the degree is completed on the 25/03/2012 but the cert was issued on 02/07/2012.

Which uni / education establishment are we talking about here? can they issue you a letter saying when the course ended and when the cert was issued?

Hi,

Your cert says issue date rather than Qualified date, so you are safe but don't take my words for it.

Generally dates on the certificates are issue dates rather than the date you qualified. to Clear things up for the case worker, if you can submit your work experience letter to cover 3 years and include a personal statement (or something like this) to explain the dates, this will be sufficient - I think.

So in your case, your work letter should say you have worked from 30/04/2012 to 30/04/2015 (something like this to cover 3 years) and you can include a statement to notify the case worker, that the degree is completed on the 25/03/2012 but the cert was issued on 02/07/2012.

Which uni / education establishment are we talking about here? can they issue you a letter saying when the course ended and when the cert was issued?

HarryC

Thanks for your reply.

I am applying for a 189 Skilled Independent Visa under Roof Plumber (334115). Here in the UK, I have been doing the trade for roughly 4 years. Well actually 5, but I cannot evidence 5 years!

In April 2012 I was assessed on my trade and was awarded with a Level 2 NVQ (http://www.cskills.org/awards/qualifications_and_courses/construction/ViewQualification.aspx?q=QUC878) which is equivalent to Certificate III in Roof Plumbing (http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CPC32612)

TRA requires 3 years experience post qualifying in the trade. As of next month, I was under the impression that I would be at that 3 year mark.

I'll have to do some digging to see what date it actually comes down to, but I'm certain it's April...

Any advice?

All sorted.

Contacted the guy who assessed me and I can confirm I was awarded the qualification on 27/06/2012 meaning I've now got 111 days until I can submit my Skills Assessment... plenty of time to prepare then!

Archived