Advice on telecom careers

Blyde

Hi, I am an ex BT external planner currently working on a self employed basis on FTTP in the UK. I am currently looking for opportunities to work in Australia as I have family there and already hold a valid working visa. Does anyone have any suggestions or contacts that may be helpful. Many thanks

• 8 months later...
Hi, I am an ex BT external planner currently working on a self employed basis on FTTP in the UK. I am currently looking for opportunities to work in Australia as I have family there and already hold a valid working visa. Does anyone have any suggestions or contacts that may be helpful. Many thanks

Wish to see more advice on this thread....

• 2 weeks later...

Im just completing my visa process but tried my luck earlier this year and contacted a number of Telcos in Australia, specifically Sydney and Melbourne. I am a core Telco guy but work in IT Project Management. I got the feeling that even with a valid visa, Telcos are only interested in speaking and meeting in person. It isnt an area lacking in home talent and unless you bring with you an amazing talent/expertise that cant be found inside the country then chances of finding a role while out here, even trying to get an interview confirmed, is quite unlikely.

All the best though, my advise is to contact agents and look at job portals to see how it goes. That's the best way to get a lucky break. Quicker route is taking a 2 to 4 week break to Aus and go interviewing in person, much easier said than done tho!

Ken

Archived