Warning on Visa4UK web application for Marriage visa

Stinga

G'day All,

Just want to give any Australian who's applying for a special marriage/partnership visa through the Visa4UK web site to marry your English partner in England.

I started the process on the 30/1/15 and submitted the application via their web site on the 13/2/15 then went to make my booking on their site for an appointment at Perth office for somewhere in May, waiting for an important document to arrive, only to find available bookings only went up to the 2/4/15. So waited till the 1/3/15 thinking that more dates will be available at the start of a new month, but alas that was not to be. I then emailed the British Immigration department only to be told that more dates should be available as it gets towards April. Tried again but still no more dates after the 1 of April so this time I rang the British Immigration Department, which cost £1.35 per min, only to be told that they only issue 30 days of appointments after the date you submit your application on their web site, so as to keep the data as current as possible.

So now because I submitted my application and I need to have the my appointment in May I have to resubmit my whole application again and because I didn't make an appointment and pay for it in original application I can't get all my data back and they keep it.

So be warned DON'T SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION 30 DAYS BEFORE YOU NEED IT if you need an appointment at a later date. This information is nowhere to be found on their web site even in the FAQ's section.

Archived