Partner coming on a holiday visa

jimbo889

Good morning folks,

My Partner will be coming to Australia to see me on a holiday visa, she's from Taiwan and we've been doing the long distance stuff for about 9 months now. I have passport stamps to prove my visits to TW and I'm a 457 holder here in WA.

We plan to make it an initial 3 month staff - She has her own money to support herself during her stay here, and she will be residing with me in my apartment. If all goes well, we'll leave Australia after 3 months and return and then look into getting her onto my 457 as a defacto partner.

I have some worries though, what should she need to prepare for immigration on arrival the FIRST time into WA?

I was thinking;

1) A letter from me stating I will support her stay (a place to sleep/bills and food).

2) A copy of her own bank account proving she can support her stay

Would return air tickets, for example, 3 weeks later make it easier for her and immigration if she shows a return ticket out of Australia?

Please let me know how we can make this as smooth as possible.

Her TW ETA visa has been accepted.

J

Taiwan is a 'low risk' country and she probably won't have any trouble getting through Immigration when she arrives. All she should need is a return air ticket and evidence that she has enough money to support herself during a 3 week stay (if she's asked, which she probably won't be). IMO, anything from you could conceivably flag her as a potential overstay risk, particularly if either of you says that she is your partner or your girlfriend. If she has a problem, they may want to call you to see if she has somewhere to stay but that probably won't be needed.

Thank you. So it's probably best not to mention our relationship or only mention it if she's asked?

My letter would only state that my partner is staying with me, it won't mention anything such as me financially supporting my partner, but more just along the lines of me providing my partner accommodation.

Thank you. So it's probably best not to mention our relationship or only mention it if she's asked?

My letter would only state that my partner is staying with me, it won't mention anything such as me financially supporting my partner, but more just along the lines of me providing my partner accommodation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, is there any harm in my partner visiting me in Australia?