Medical - Congenital heart defect - Tetralogy of fallot for visa 189

sribha77

I am planning to submit EOI for applying 189 visa.

My son who is 18 months old now, had tetralogy of fallot. Defect was fully repaired when he 4.5 months old and is normal now. He may require Pulmonary Valve replacement at a later stage of his life (possibly from 6 to 20 years of his age).

I am in a confusion, whether his medical will go through. He was operated by Dr. Victor Tsang, Chief Pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon, Great Ormond Street Hosp. London.

If anyone had similar experience please share your experience.

Regards,

Every case is treated on its merits so even knowing what happened in someone else's case probably won't help much and could be misleading. Anyone who is concerned about a serious medical condition should consul an RMA with extensive experience in such cases. The RMAs most often mentioned and recommended in that context are @George Lombard and Peter Bollard.

Every case is treated on its merits so even knowing what happened in someone else's case probably won't help much and could be misleading. Anyone who is concerned about a serious medical condition should consul an RMA with extensive experience in such cases. The RMAs most often mentioned and recommended in that context are @George Lombard and Peter Bollard.

Thank you very much. Could you please let me know if I get assistance from Mr. George Lambard or Mr. Pollard, will it be good to apply visa through them or get only medical report related assistance and apply visa through my present MARA agent. I have already paid to my MARA agent.

thanks

My son who is 18 months old now, had tetralogy of fallot. Defect was fully repaired when he 4.5 months old and is normal now. He may require Pulmonary Valve replacement at a later stage of his life (possibly from 6 to 20 years of his age).

I am in a confusion, whether his medical will go through. He was operated by Dr. Victor Tsang, Chief Pediatric cardiothoracic surgeon, Great Ormond Street Hosp. London.

Regards,

Hello,

I am unable to give you any experience in this specfic area but we are worried about medicals in regards to a rare pre-existing medical condition but decided to go ahead with paying for the visa and having our medicals - without being sure if all family members will pass.

It is alot of money without a definate guarantee of success but feel that ulimately it is upto the authorities if medicals are passed or not. We felt that we would rather be given a definate formal no rather than presuming the medicals would fail and not to apply - and still be wondering in years to come if we would have been granted.

We obtained copies of medical records to take to the medical with us and a letter from the GP - so they have all the information necessary to make a decision. Fingers crossed....

Thank you very much. Could you please let me know if I get assistance from Mr. George Lambard or Mr. Pollard, will it be good to apply visa through them or get only medical report related assistance and apply visa through my present MARA agent. I have already paid to my MARA agent.

thanks

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that question. If you contact them for advice, make sure you tell them up front that you already have an agent.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Regards,

Hi,

We are currently in Brisbane and recently lodged application for 186 visa - permanent residency. My unborn child is diagnosed with a heart condition called Transposition of great arteries. The OHS will likely to happen in August when the baby will be born. My case officer today called me and advised that my application will not be progressed further until the bay is born . I understand that a panel of doctors will access the condition . I am very stressed . If any one can advise or share his/ her experience , that will be appreciated.

Hi,

We are currently in Brisbane and recently lodged application for 186 visa - permanent residency. My unborn child is diagnosed with a heart condition called Transposition of great arteries. The OHS will likely to happen in August when the baby will be born. My case officer today called me and advised that my application will not be progressed further until the bay is born . I understand that a panel of doctors will access the condition . I am very stressed . If any one can advise or share his/ her experience , that will be appreciated.

Sachin,

As different types of medical cases handled in different ways by panel of doctors based on various factors, you don't have any other option than to patiently wait. Please do not speculate the outcomes.

Srini

• 3 months later...

Hi Srini,

My baby's heart defect has been fully repaired. Chances of any future any surgery is rare in his case. I have provided all documents to the immigration, just waiting for the outcome.

Btw, what happened to your application ? has it been trough and your visa been granted ?

Sachin

Hi Sachin,

Its really happy to that the defect is fully repaired. If chances of any future surgery is rare and if you can submit a letter from consultant doctors mentioning this and submit it to DIBP, you shouldnt have any problem in getting grant.

Fortunately, without any question on the medical front, we have been granted visa in August. We provided them with a letter from consultant doctor mentioning that future surgery is not required in my son's case.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Srini

Hi Sachin,

Its really happy to that the defect is fully repaired. If chances of any future surgery is rare and if you can submit a letter from consultant doctors mentioning this and submit it to DIBP, you shouldnt have any problem in getting grant.

Fortunately, without any question on the medical front, we have been granted visa in August. We provided them with a letter from consultant doctor mentioning that future surgery is not required in my son's case.

Good Luck.

Regards,

Srini

That's an awesome news Srini. Congratulations!!

Archived