Help regarding immigration

Ronb

I am from India. I have been assessed for Legal Executive and the outcome is positive. I would like to know whether i can apply for skill assessment under the occupation code "solicitor". Anzsco code 271311. And whether the IELTS requirement will be alongwith Skill Assessment or after wards. Kindly help

I am from India. I have been assessed for Legal Executive and the outcome is positive. I would like to know whether i can apply for skill assessment under the occupation code "solicitor". Anzsco code 271311. And whether the IELTS requirement will be alongwith Skill Assessment or after wards. Kindly help

As you must know, being a legal executive does not permit you to do the work of a solicitor. DIBP know this too. So, unless you are actually qualified as a solicitor and/or eligible for admission in Australia as an Australian Lawyer, then you will not be able to apply for a visa as a solicitor. Can you apply for a skill assessment under the occupation as solicitor? Well, you can apply to the State Legal Admission Authority (SLAA) of the State where you intend to reside for an assessment of your qualifications... but you are a legal executive not a solicitor, you will not get a positive skills assessment from the SLAA for the occupation of solicitor. If applying to an SLAA for assessment for the occupation of solicitor, you will need to submit result of the Academic version of the IELTS with a minimum score of 7 in each of the bands. The General IELTS will not suffice.

I know there is difference between legal executive and Solicitor. But I have completed my LLB and i am working as a Lawyer in India. But my agent filed for assessment under legal executive. I can provide evidence as lawyer. Do i have to reveal to SLAA regarding my assessment as Legal Executive. Because there is no opening for legal executive in any state.

I know there is difference between legal executive and Solicitor. But I have completed my LLB and i am working as a Lawyer in India. But my agent filed for assessment under legal executive. I can provide evidence as lawyer. Do i have to reveal to SLAA regarding my assessment as Legal Executive. Because there is no opening for legal executive in any state.

You need to have a skills assessment in the occupation you intend to apply under.

The SLAA will not want to know about the Vetassess assessment for occupation of legal executive as it is not relevant to their assessment of your qualifications. The SLAA may ask for details of any applications made to other SLAAs in Australia, but you do not need to disclose the legal executive assessment if asked this as it is not an SLAA assessment (not that it would have any bearing on their assessment either way). Though you can provide evidence that you have worked as a lawyer in India, this does not mean that you would therefore get a positive skills assessment for the occupation as a solicitor in Australia. In most cases your assessment will state what additional academic or practical legal training subjects you would need to sit and pass in Australia in order to be eligible for admission as an Australian Lawyer. In most cases therefore, it will not be possible to get a positive skills assessment for the occupation of solicitor until those additional requirements have been complied with.

If you intend to migrate to Australia permanently, then pursuing admission as an Australian Lawyer would open up better prospects for you to obtain a permanent visa.

The SLAA will not want to know about the Vetassess assessment for occupation of legal executive as it is not relevant to their assessment of your qualifications. The SLAA may ask for details of any applications made to other SLAAs in Australia, but you do not need to disclose the legal executive assessment if asked this as it is not an SLAA assessment (not that it would have any bearing on their assessment either way). Though you can provide evidence that you have worked as a lawyer in India, this does not mean that you would therefore get a positive skills assessment for the occupation as a solicitor in Australia. In most cases your assessment will state what additional academic or practical legal training subjects you would need to sit and pass in Australia in order to be eligible for admission as an Australian Lawyer. In most cases therefore, it will not be possible to get a positive skills assessment for the occupation of solicitor until those additional requirements have been complied with.

If you intend to migrate to Australia permanently, then pursuing admission as an Australian Lawyer would open up better prospects for you to obtain a permanent visa.

I am interested in permanently settling in Australia. I had contacted SLAA they said that we wont give you skill assessment result unless you complete the academic subjects. If they want me to appear for more than 10 subjects then I will be exempted from IELTS. And LPAB is offering per subject at 745.00 $ which I feel is reasonable. But the condition is I have to be a resident to enroll as a student of LPAB. For other universities I have to check out. Do you have any idea what would be the per subject fees of any University. And the only thing holding me back is how do i appear for the exams when LPAB is not ready to provide any kind of assistance.

P.S. _ I have completed 05 year law course and 04 years experience So i think i can apply for exemption of pte.

Archived