Visa Question - Live in Australia work for US

avinokurov

Hi Guys!

I have a quick question: I am US citizen and have small HR Consulting Firm in the US. I am traveling to Australia on Working Holiday Visa(462). While staying in Australia, I plan to work remotely for US company and work in Australia as well. The problem is, with WHV I am limited to work only six (6) months for each employer. What visa could I get so I can work longer than six (6) months while staying in Australia; for both US company and for Australian employer.

Someone said to get 457 visa, but those are given only if your sponsored through Australian company. Is there a different visa I could get? I am 28 years old, not married – no kids either. Is it an option to get business visa? Thank you in advance!

Alex

No. Not unless you set up a company here and then sponsored yourself, but you would still need a job on the sol or csol and it is very complicated. Not something to be attempted without a GREAT agent. @Alan Collett (hopefully I've spelt that right) would be your man.

Thank you blossom79! I have reviewed SOL list and my job listed there… I'll think about setting up company there, maybe! Thanks for the info. I’ll look into it.

Archived