Hello Friends!!!

avinokurov

Hi Everyone!

My name is Alex, and I am flying from USA to Brisbane on March 15th! So excited! I am on Working Holiday Visa. If anyone has any suggestions how to find job quickly - please share! I am 28 years old and have over 6 years experience in Human Resources. Also, would love to make new friends. If anyone interested, lets connect!

Thank you! :) Okay, thanks for info! I am new here so didn't konw. :)

I just always wanted to live in Brisbane. It's a beautiful city, lovely weather and not too far from Gold Coast! Also, i'd think winters are more warm than in Sydney. Is it right? I want more sun and less rain. I live in Portland, Oregon and we get a lot of rain - so just need more sunshine. :) \

Thanks, will do! Oh, from UK!? That's awesome. I was visiting London in September 2014 and loved it! Now, achiving my dream visiting Australia. I am planning to extend my visa for second year and stay there at least for two years. P.S. Can i ask what made you decide move from UK to Australia?

Thanks, will do! Oh, from UK!? That's awesome. I was visiting London in September 2014 and loved it! Now, achiving my dream visiting Australia. I am planning to extend my visa for second year and stay there at least for two years. P.S. Can i ask what made you decide move from UK to Australia?

Yeah. Poms is an Aussie nickname for a British person. ;-)

As you are from the U.S. I don't actually think you can apply for a second year working visa.

I decided to move to Oz for the space and nicer weather. :-)

Actually, those who from US can extend WHV for second year only if they did farm work for three (3) months. So, I am hoping to get job and do farm work and that would qualify me to extend my visa for second year... also, looking into getting 457 visa. I have BA and over 6 years experience in HR. So, hoping that this will help me maybe get sponsorship.

Actually, those who from US can extend WHV for second year only if they did farm work for three (3) months. So, I am hoping to get job and do farm work and that would qualify me to extend my visa for second year... also, looking into getting 457 visa. I have BA and over 6 years experience in HR. So, hoping that this will help me maybe get sponsorship.

No, that's not right. If you're a US citizen, you have a subclass 462 Work and Holiday visa. The option for a second 12 months is only available to people from countries that are eligible for subclass 417 Working Holiday visas. Sponsorship for a 457 is still an option but you'll only have 12 months in which to find a sponsor and apply for the 457.

No, that's not right. If you're a US citizen, you have a subclass 462 Work and Holiday visa. The option for a second 12 months is only available to people from countries that are eligible for subclass 417 Working Holiday visas. Sponsorship for a 457 is still an option but you'll only have 12 months in which to find a sponsor and apply for the 457.

Thanks so much for the info! I guess when I was doing my reading, I misread it. That is true, those on WHV 462 can’t extend visa for second year just like who WHV 417. Oh well, will give a shot for 457! :)))

Archived