Apologies to Fraser

Guest IanL

I know you started a new thread but I didn't want my apology getting lost in that. I thnk I over reacted to your post about the News on Sky.

This is no excuse but...

As most of you know I have a passion for cycling and triathlon (and playing guitar but that's another story :wink: ). Anyway for about 4yrs I have been battling a back injury (2 bulging discs) and have been working with a great doctor and a fantastic physio (who is a very experienced IronMan competitor).

Obviously this causes extreme pain whilst running and after (3yrs ago I couln't walk for days at a a time let alone excercise). Anyway we had progress forward then backwards and the running was reduced to walking. After 2 yrs of stretching, Pilates, physio and doing all the right things, everyone agreed it was time to start some soft surface running again (my cycling has been going well and my swimming). So I've been doing that over the last three weeks.

Unfortunately I have suffered some bad back pain this week and had to consult the experts. Concencus is I simply can't run anymore, which is a huge blow to me as there are so many IronMan races I'd like to do, IMUK being one of them and running has been a big part of my life :( We have tried literally everything short of surgery.

So from now on it's cycling and guitars. I think (know) I was in a bad mood yesterday and probably shouldn't have posted.

So apologies to Fraser and anyone else.

ps on the plus side my wife suggests buying another motorbike to fill the void (I used to race motorbikes and have owned 21 of em. ) Not sure if I'll take her up on it, but it was a nice thought :wink:

No worries Ian,

I took as as a bit of fair banter on the bulletin board, and it certainly got a bit of discussion going that will be of benefit to all who come this way...

A bad back is a real bummer. You should still be able to swim, though, and a good strong swim and sauna will (should) ease the back a bit.

Fraser

Archived