Finally booked my IELTS exam - It has begun!

Birch4

Hi everyone,

Well after a few years of doing a lot of talking about giving the move down under a go I have finally booked my IELTS exam :yes: for the 28th of March. My hubby and I will try to get our 189 visas and the visa agent does not think we will have difficulty although I have to get 7s in every category of IELTS for 10 points and 8s for 20 points. Without the IELTS exam I have 55 points. We have been exploring the possibility of Perth or Melbourne? I know from research that both these places are very different so I guess it comes down to where we can get jobs? We have one son aged 11. My OH is an Electrician and I am a Secondary Teacher and currently teach History and Politics. Could anyone offer advice on the job situation in either of these fields? I have ordered IELTS past papers today from Amazon and would sit the General Exam. Not looking forward to that! :arghh:

Look forward to forming some friendships on here hopefully :tongue:

Hi Atlas

Thanks! Yes I have started to research this again and I have been working through some exemplar papers and answers. Need to do lots of practice! Trying to take things a step at a time as there is so much to think about in this process. But nothing ventured nothing gained I guess :wink:

Keep practicing and I'm sure you'll nail it :D Reading and writing are probably the 2 worth spending the most time on, speaking was pretty straight forward and with listening it's just a matter of staying focused and not letting your mind wander.

Archived