Soccer (football) opportunities near to Pakenham, VIC

Totch10

Hi, I hope I am posting this in the right place... sorry if not!

I am due to arrive in March and will be living in between the Pakenham/Officer areas. I was hoping that there will be some teams in the local area that I may be able to get involved with whether it is for a friendly kick about or to be part of a competitive league.

I am 26 and a striker usually but happy to fit in anywhere really... apart from in goal, I am not the tallest!

Would be good to make some new mates and get fit in the process.

Hope to hear of any advice, cheers!

Hi Totch 10.

not long to go now:wink:

We're in Drouin, which is half an hour up the highway from Pakenham. My husband and oldest son play for Drouin Dragons which is a great local club- very family orientated.

The senior men train on Tues and Thurs at around 6.30 - 8.30 at Bellbird Park, Drouin.

obviously there are clubs closer to Pakenham/Officer, but if you need to get stuck in ASAP then you'd be more than welcome at Drouin.

Hi Welshpod,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Once I arrive (which will be on the 17th March) I will take a look at the location etc to see how realistic it would be to come and train.

If it is ok, I will get in touch a little nearer the time?

This has now moved to a Thursday evening, every week at 8:30.

The group is now 45 strong. We usually have between 16 to 22 guys turning up every week, we then choose two teams.

We have the option to go full pitch if need be.

It's outdoor under floodlights, all balls, bibs, nets provided.

Great bunch of lads, new players turning up all the time, not everyone can make it every week, hence the size of the group.

$10, we have a warm up then play for 90 minutes.

It's at Kingston Heath Soccer Complex, Cheltenham.

Please send me a message if you're interested.

Cheers

Archived