submit ACS before finishing required work experience

patins

Hi,

I am targeting the 189 visa, and now I am completing in Australia the last 3 months of work experience required to have enough points for it (3 years Australian work experience yields 10 points). After those three months, my visa 400 would expire and I would need to leave Australia.. is it somehow possible that I can submit my ACS assessment already now, so that after getting the results back from ACS (I am a software engineer) I can submit EOI, and THEN after I get an invitation I can apply for the 189 visa, hopefully this could happen while I am still within my last 3 working months required (am approaching the end of the first month).. so that I can continue to stay here on a bridging visa waiting for the 189 visa to get approved (or denied..).

Is this an utopian flow of events or somehow possible?

In the case it is utopian, can I stay in Australia after my 400 visa expires as tourist and wait for ACS or EOI to get processed?

Thanks

Do you have enough experience to get a positive skills assessment from the ACS keeping in mind that depending on your qualifications, they will require you to have 2, 3 or more years of experience before you can be considered to be at the required Skill Level for a positive skills assessment. If you have enough acceptable experience for a positive skills assessment, you could apply now for assessment.

If your 400 expires before you have been able to lodge an application for a 189, you can only stay if you have already applied for a subclass 600 Visitor visa but there's no way of knowing if a 600 application will be successful OR if it will have a No Further Stay condition that would prevent an onshore 189 application.

Also, are you taking into account the fact that you can only claim work experience points for work after your Skill Level Met date?

I already worked in Germany nearly 5 years, so two years of that 5 years are "consumed" to meet the Skill Level Met date.

But now, it doesn't seem that I can get my work experience assessed while the work to be assessed still continues for two more months..

or would ACS trust that I complete the job? After the next two months, I would have worked totally 3 years in Australia in my profession.

Seems that visa 600 will not be suitable .. cause I need continue to work for the company, and 600 does not allow working.. so I will work offshore (which is possible with my kind of work) and then settling the 189 requirements. Seems to be the only option for me..

Provided you already have enough experience to meet the ACS assessment requirements and have evidence to support that, you can apply for skills assessment now and won't need to have them assess any experience gained between now and when you submit your EOI. When you apply for your visa, your CO will require you to provide evidence to support your work experience point claims but will accept evidence of experience gained after your Skill level Met date even though that has not been assessed by the ACS.

What criterion you have in mind when saying "enough experience"? I have 2 years and 10 months work experience in Australia which can be assessed by ACS. It's not enough for skilled migration as I need 3 years in my situation, but as I understand you, the last two month do not need to be ACS-accessed.

What does the abbreviation "CO" stands for?

Provided you already have enough experience to meet the ACS assessment requirements and have evidence to support that, you can apply for skills assessment now and won't need to have them assess any experience gained between now and when you submit your EOI. When you apply for your visa, your CO will require you to provide evidence to support your work experience point claims but will accept evidence of experience gained after your Skill level Met date even though that has not been assessed by the ACS.

What criterion you have in mind when saying "enough experience"? I have 2 years and 10 months work experience in Australia which can be assessed by ACS. It's not enough for skilled migration as I need 3 years in my situation, but as I understand you, the last two month do not need to be ACS-accessed.

What does the abbreviation "CO" stands for?

'Enough experience' means however much experience the ACS requires for a positive skills assessment for someone with your particular qualifications. You have understood correctly what I was saying about the last couple of months experience required to meet the points test requirements - you don't need to go back to the ACS for assessment of that experience. Your CO will ask for evidence of the experience, but they will add it to the Skill Level Met date in your ACS letter.

Archived