Cross Border Mortgages

bensym

Hi All,

I need to re-mortgage my UK property to a buy-to-let (now the permission-to-let is expiring), and I also would like to take out an Australian residential mortgage here in Sydney. Is anyone aware of any of the international lenders (HSBC for example) offering lending on the two properties combined ( ie preferential rates on the two loans or cross-border mortgaging)? Usually these banks operate through local subsidiaries (so separate balance sheets) so I am thinking they probably wouldn't offer it.

I was wondering if anyone has come cross this sort of offering before?

Cheers

Ben

As a general rule never cross-collateralize. As for preferential rates, I doubt that simple residential mortgages can span borders.

You can always try to directly negotiate the rates with the bank. I, personally, only use the banks to get information and a broker to mediate the loan.

As a general rule never cross-collateralize. As for preferential rates, I doubt that simple residential mortgages can span borders.

You can always try to directly negotiate the rates with the bank. I, personally, only use the banks to get information and a broker to mediate the loan.

thanks for the response. Getting a lender for my UK property (as an Australian) is hard enough at the moement.

Archived