Return Resident Visa

audre

Hello helpful people

Simple inquiry here: I have PR (got it last January 2014) and plan to leave Australia soon for a period of 2 years and then return! I plan to visit Australia in these 2 years as well. Will I need a Return Resident visa to re-enter once I move overseas or do I have 5 years of coming and going on this current visa (regardless of how long I might be away)?

So to put it more simply: when is this RRV visa needed? Is it when the 5 years of PR expires?

Cheers!

Guest jaqmaria

As long as you entered before the visa expires . you can be away as long as you like as long as you validated in the first year after that you are free . just remember though once you return although you can live indefinately if you needed to leave the country again you will need to renew again at a cost if 350 dollars. This can be done online . to get it again for 5 years you need to live in Australia for 2 years in total. Counted by days does not have to be a straight run of 2 years. Otherwise it maybe a 3 month or year rrv you will receive until you have completed 2 years in total. Hope that males sense . so no worry use your current one to co.e and go before it expires .

Guest jaqmaria

You can use your current one however long away as long as it has not expired . then once back in Australia before it expires . you then apply for another RRV

Archived