Advice Required Which Visa

paul566

hi i have the oppurtunity to get an ENS visa however im wondering if its worth just doing the visa process myself we are on a 457 at the moment and have been here 2 years just wanting peoples opinions weather to go with my employer or just go on my own ?????

You can only go for a visa without employer sponsorship if you have an occupation on the SOL, a positive skills assessment and 60 points (for a 189) or if you have an occupation on a state list, sponsorship by that state, a positive skills assessment and 60 points (for a 190). If your 457 employer is willing to sponsor you for a 186, it would be much easier and cheaper (no skills assessment required) to go with the 186. It's a permanent visa and doesn't tie you to the employer once it's granted.

There is no visa condition requiring you to stay for 2 years after the grant of a 186 ENS - there is with a 187 RSMS but not with a 186. Of course, some employers insist on a legally enforceable contract before they will sponsor you but that's a different issue and nothing to do with DIBP.

Archived