visa entry by 11th june, but sons gcses finish 22nd!

shoolhouse

Hi, we are a family of 4 which applied 5years ago on the old 175 (hairdresser) we went through police checks and meds last summer and been given a time slot from 26th August 14 till 11th June 15. Its such a busy year with my sons gcse, mocks, course work, revision during the holidays I really cant see us going over for a holiday to validate it.has anyone else been in my shoes. Ive been told to let the visa run out then put my case to them but this is risky. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

My advice is to validate your visa within the time given and look at this as your only option . I would not be looking at the possibilities of letting your visa run out and putting a case forward .You need to validate your visa in order to continue with the emigration process ..only you can decide is this is worth it and want you really want

That is very bad advice you have been given, it clearly states on your grant paperwork that this date can not be changed, 9 months to validate is not very short in time and is more than a lot of people get.

No one gets a year to validate, not sure where you have seen this, validation dates are based 12 months from the earliest date of medicals or police checks. People who have health undertakings only get 6 months from earliest date.

I have never seen a validation date being changed, but have read on the forum it was only changed once when one if the migration party died.

Validations can be done by entering and leaving Australia, without spending anytime there. I wouldn't risk not validating or at least one of the Adults should, this will give the option of sponsoring the rest of the family, but the cost of partner and child visas are expensive, and processing times are now around 12 months for partner visas.

Hi,

Just wondering about your information if you have health undertakings u only get 6 months from date of medicals rather than 12 months - could you clarify about this? Do you mean if your medicals are referred and then passed that you only get 6 months to validate??? Jot sure what is meant by` health undertaking `.

I think our medicals will get referred when we do them and was planning to fly out November 2015 should I put off my medicals until I am within 6 months of the november date?? A bit worried now :-/ I have just put in my EOI - friendly advice appreciated :-)

Hi,

Just wondering about your information if you have health undertakings u only get 6 months from date of medicals rather than 12 months - could you clarify about this? Do you mean if your medicals are referred and then passed that you only get 6 months to validate??? Jot sure what is meant by` health undertaking `.

I think our medicals will get referred when we do them and was planning to fly out November 2015 should I put off my medicals until I am within 6 months of the november date?? A bit worried now :-/ I have just put in my EOI - friendly advice appreciated :-)

Majority of people do not have health undertakings, this is nothing to do with medicals being refered. Helth undertakings a rare but to show that some people can get limited time to validate. Health undertaking could be requested if someone had TB in the past that was treated and required a repete chest X-ray, or a pregnant woman's to do the xray in Australia after baby is born if not waited for baby to be added to the application.

Majority of people do not have health undertakings, this is nothing to do with medicals being refered. Helth undertakings a rare but to show that some people can get limited time to validate. Health undertaking could be requested if someone had TB in the past that was treated and required a repete chest X-ray, or a pregnant woman's to do the xray in Australia after baby is born if not waited for baby to be added to the application.

Thank you for your speedy response - I was panicking a little - its a mine field! I think I have tried to plan this for so long and had twitchy fingers and (don't shoot me down) booked some flights in the hope that all the medicals and visa will be through prior to arriving in Oz in Dec 2015.

I know I have been a bit daft and prices for flights were good and I succumbed to temptation - my initial thoughts were to do the medicals March - these will be referred then looking at 3 months probably for assessment and request for further details etc as necessary which would hopefully take us to June /July for a decision - which would give us time to organise things this end if it was granted. If not granted we would go on a holiday.

I didn't even think that they might not give 12 months from the medical dates and was thinking more along the lines of it will takes 3+ months to get a decision on medicals which would time well for flights.

Grr why do I do this to myself....

Health conditions do not relate to TB or pregnancy etc...but further assesments may be requested before they make a decision. Not sure what to do about time scales now for medicals...... dug myself a hole...

Archived