moving to mornington

leanne jade

Hi

We have been in Melbourne for 7.5 years and would highly recommend Mornington. We don't live in the area but I would love to make the move from where we are now. We have 2 boys (3rd due next week) 7 and 4 and they have a great time every time we visit. It has everything you would need and really is a great lifestyle for you and the kids. With family in Rosebud it would make a lot of sense to live somewhere close by.

You ou will love the mornington peninsula, I have lived here for over 4 years now in both rosebud and mornington and it's a beautiful place. Great schools for kids and an awesome outdoor lifestyle. Only thing I miss is the soccer and family back in the uk although I have just started up my own soccer club in rosebud :)

Hi,

I am moving to mornington from uk around may with my partner and 3 children aged 4, 2 and 12 weeks. My partners mother lives in rosebud so we thought mornington would be ideal. I was just wondering if anyone had any advise xxx

Join up with the Life in Victoria forum there are a lot of members who live in the area. There is a link to the forum at the foot of this one. I live 10 minutes away from Mornington and get over there quite a bit as I have friends over there. Mount Martha joins up with Mornington so it will depend where you live which primary school will suit you. There are quite a few primary schools around so being in contact with others in the area may help. Although I always found that I got the feel for a school myself and relied on that rather than others input as all our children are so different. Mine are no longer children. They went to top Tyabb Primary School and then onto Flinders College. My neighbour sends hers to Lower Somerville Primary and others send them all over the place. Moorooduc primary is another school mums seem to like these days for the country feel it has. You will find your feet once you arrive and having your family will be a great help. I am sure they will be able to assist with where to live in and around Mornington, good and bad. Depends whether you want country, town or bit of both. Good luck

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am new to this forum and just saw this thread. We are thinking of moving to the Mornington/Mount Martha/Mount Eliza area. We have 3 children, aged 6, 8 and 10. We are looking for a good area to live in with a good primary and High School (good state schools if possible). Our eldest daughter will be heading to High School in a year and a half so we now want to move to a good area with a good High School and so she can meet new friends in Grade 6 before she heads to the local High School.

Any help/info on what these areas are like to live/rent in and what the schools (primary and High School) are like in these areas, would be greatly appreciated. We are only just starting to look at these areas now to move to, so haven't decided which one would be best for a family? Any help would be great. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Guest HannaSarah

Hi Marie Jo, we are about to make the move to mornington area and I have come across your posts. How are you going? Where did you decide to settle, did you find finding a good school quite easy? Be great to hear if you have time.

many thanks

Sarah

Hi Sarah. We havent moved to Mornington yet but hope to do so in the next few months. Hoping to take a look at Bentons and Osborne primary schools. I will let you know which school we decide on and which area. When are you hoping to move? Have you been in contact with any of the schools yet? It looks like a beautiful area.

• 3 years later...