3 year Primary Education degree with QTS

Hi all,

This is my first ever post on here, so I just wanted to say 'hi' to begin with.

I have a 3 year BA (Hons) Primary Education with QTS and understand that Primary teachers are no longer on the SOL list and also require 4 years of higher education. I was thinking of doing a MA in Early Years regardless in the UK as I have come to enjoy working with that age group.

Does anyone know if this will class me as an Early Years Teacher for visa purposes? (Early Years and Special Education teachers are on the SOL list at present.

I will also need to boost my points (being in the 40-45 age bracket) so would have to consider state sponsorship to a Regional area to do so. Would ultimately love to reside on the Sunshine Coast as that's where my sister who is a midwife emigrated to 4 years ago.

Thanks for reading and any advise is very much appreciated...

Doing further education may help but you have to be aware that the lists of occupations that are needed change all the time. A job can be on a list one year and not the next and sometimes the lists change during the year. So its like a lotto ticket. Sunshine Coast would not be called remote or country here. Country in Australia is outside of the catchment of the main cities. My son worked in a remote school when he first graduated and there was school, pub, police house few other houses and a wheat silo and miles and miles of wheat fields. Hope someone pops along with more information. Suggest you look at the Queensland Education Department as well. Also read though the education posts on here as there may be some useful information there.

I guess that the reason primary teachers are off the list right now is because there is an over supply. I have been a teacher here for 14 years on contract and supply and looking for a job at home for the moment but have to do induction! Things may change and an MA would certainly help in the independent sector here I think. But Petals is right, sunshine coast is highly sought after in the state sector as is the gold coast, everyone wants to work there. I have heard of permanent jobs going in Bundaberg and Maryborough though.

Archived