Skilled Assessments and certified docs for visa 189 (geotechnical engineer)

Riesta

Hi all,

I'm a civil/geotechnical engineer and have been working for 2 years and 7 months now. I'm planning to lodge in my Visa application after I have worked for 3 years, which will be on mid June 2015, so I can claim the extra 5 points.

1. I'd really prefer to submit my skills and work experience assessments as early as possible, but I'm confused whether I can really do it now since I have not reached the required 3 years working experience. If I get my working experience assessed before I reach the 3 years working exp, can I still claim the extra 5 points later on?

2. I've also heard that it is not mandatory to have our working exp to be assessed, but we can still claim our work exp for the points if we don't get our exp assessed? FYI, I'm a civil/geotechnical engineer with Washington Accord qualifications.

3. I understand that all documents need not to be certified if it is a colored-scanned document. But do we really need to have all the non-colored documents to be certified? Or is it just for the formal certificates, such as education cert, birth and marriage cert, etc? My company issues the payslip in black-and-white, so do I need to certify my pay slips too? and every single copy of documents as long as they are black and white? Sorry for this silly simple questions. It took me a hard time to clearly figure out what is really needed to be certified and which is not.

Thank you really much for your time.

Hi Riesta, I think that our experience will be checked by dibp no matter what EA says. What EA is necessary for is to determine whether our occupation is in accordance with ANZSCO classification as well as check whether our diploma is comparable to Australian educational system.

I have certified each document and sent hardcopies to EA. DIBP may accept scans of certain documents if they are originals however. You need to send to DIBP scans of everything you submitted to EA as well as additional documentation.

Hope this helps.

Hi there mate,

1-Apply for IE qualification (it takes time man! even new online system is going to get full queues, i.e 2-3 months of wait) then while in the migration steps you probably will reach 3 years, then apply for IE again (when you have those 3 yrs finalized) for recognition of experience for ~ 200 AUD(doesn`t take time)

2- Dude, Washington accord changes everything you can finish step 1 faster, but fyi IE is a technical syndicate they do check to see if your 3 yrs are RELEVANT to your specialization , if not they will refuse i think (and that means applicant has a low iQ :) )

but DIBP checks for the INTEGRITY of your claims (75% they will contact your employer somehow at least its so for us High risk "Egyptian)... DIBP can`t just check for relevance of every single job/ specially it needs a HUGE staff.

need my opinion, just go ahead with IE whenever you finalize the 3 yrs.

3- The Color scans for the eVisa is for stamps and signatures regardless of the color of the document itself... so payslip must have those right? you don`t need ANY notarization/lawyer hassle mate many of my friends got grants already this way.

Good luck with your Migration :) and if i were in your shoes with 2 7months i shall start NOW, make the wait period only for the 3 yrs finalization. IE processing will be fast for you so probably in 7 months you can get a grant if you time it right.

Archived