regarding 489 to 887 in darwin

lulu01

Hi lulu here,

iam on 489 visa, due to maternity i was not able to fulfill the condition( 2 years of stay and a year of employment). were as my husband as a secondary applicant (of 489) completed the condition . He din't take his IELTS during the process of 489, instead he paid the amount. My doubt is, can he apply for PR. if so will they again demand for IELTS.

Can he become the primary applicant for 887 (as he fulfills the condition)?

If i have to apply for 887, again i need to wait for 1 year and 6 months( as i went to my home country for maternity)

As anyone come across such circumstances.

Either applicant from the 489 can become primary applicant of the 887 as long as they have worked full time and lived in the regional area. So you husband could be the primary applicant of the 887 even when he was the secondary on the 489, you would then become the secondary applicant on 887.

There is no IELTS requirement for 887, and not requirement for secondary applicants to meet the 2 years living in regional Australia, but you must complied with the visa comditions while in Australia.

If you have had a new baby, you should apply for 489 subsequent entry for the baby before lodging the 887.

Thank u so much for the above post, visa regarding baby was of great help.

i saw in the immi website, which states that, family members are required to take IELTS. so would i take IELTS again

The next query is, as a primary applicant of 489 i took IELTS. were as my husband as secondary applicant of 489 paid the 2nd installment

(as taking IELTS was tough for him).

Now will they demand IELTS for him(primary applicant of 887) ?

May i know the processing time, price for 489 subsequent visa for my daughter

Please someone help me by clearing my doubts

As stated previously there is no IELTS for the 887.

you do not need to wait for the application for subsequent entry to be processed and granted before applying for 887. you can apply for 887 including your daughter with the 489 just lodged with the department.

She cannot apply for a 489 from India and then come to Australia to apply for an 887 until the 489 has been granted.

If she comes to Australia and applies for an onshore 489 and is granted a Bridging visa because she has made an onshore application, when the Bridging visa has taken effect, she can be included on your 887 application even if she hasn't been granted the 489.

yes offcourse, with out visa she cannot travel right. what iam planning is, i will apply for 489(offshore) and when visa is granted i ll bring her here. later i ll apply for apply for 887. but applying 489 for my child is too expensive (it comes around $4300 AUD).

My question is, can i bring her in visiting visa (provided it is cheaper than 489) and then apply for 887?

is this is possible, if so may i know how much, will it charge

yes offcourse, with out visa she cannot travel right. what iam planning is, i will apply for 489(offshore) and when visa is granted i ll bring her here. later i ll apply for apply for 887. but applying 489 for my child is too expensive (it comes around $4300 AUD).

My question is, can i bring her in visiting visa (provided it is cheaper than 489) and then apply for 887?

You can include the following people in your visa application:

• your partner (married or de facto)

• your or your partner’s dependent children

• other dependent relatives.

These family members must meet the requirements for including family members in your application. The application must include documentary evidence of their relationship to you.

They must hold one of the following visas:

Your family members must be able to show that they meet health and character requirements.

Family members cannot be added to your application after it has been lodged.

Base cost is $3520 for 489, not sure where you have gotten the $4300 from. You can not apply for 887 without 489 first.

Best to get some professional advice on best course of action for your daughter to be in Australia.

thank u again.

i just want to verify the checklist

1. House rental agreement

2. power and water bill

3. my husband's salary slips

4. all birth certificates

5. passports

6. telephone and internet bill

7. joint account bank statement

the above are the documents, we have listed. is this ok?

i got to know that we need to have health insurance during the process for PR. is it true.

b'cos we don't have anything as such

thank u so much for the replies.

may i know the total expenditure for 887 (for 3 members(my husband, daughter and myself))

From the wording of couple of your recent posts, I'm not sure you've fully understood that your daughter cannot be included on an 887 application unless she has already been granted a 489 that was applied for while she was in India or is on a Bridging visa after having lodged an application for a 489 while in Australia.

You should be aware however that if she applies for a Visitor visa and it is granted with a No Further Stay condition 8503 attached, she will not be able to come to Australia and apply for a 489 - a No Further Stay condition means that an onshore visa cannot be applied for while the holder is in Australia on the visa to which the 8503 is attached.

Your total costs if she applies for a 489 in India then comes to Australia after it has been granted then is included on an 887 application for the 3 of you, will be $4170 i.e. $3520 for the 489 plus $650 for the 887.

If she comes to Australia on a Visitor visa then applies for the 489 in Australia, the total cost will be $4170 as above plus the $130 cost of the Visitor visa.

ya i understood that very well. now my doubt is on check list. u din't reply for my previous post. now iam gonna apply for 489 for my daughter. After her arrival, i wll be applying for 887.

Besides i want all the documnets made ready. pls reply abt my checklist post

thank u again.

i just want to verify the checklist

1. House rental agreement

2. power and water bill

3. my husband's salary slips

4. all birth certificates

5. passports

6. telephone and internet bill

7. joint account bank statement

the above are the documents, we have listed. is this ok?

i got to know that we need to have health insurance during the process for PR. is it true.

b'cos we don't have anything as such

1. Yes. It must cover at least a 2 year period.

2. As above

3. Yes as long as they show a) employment for at least 1 year and b) that the employment was full time (at least 35 hours per week). If it doesn't indicate full time employment, you will need a reference from the employer showing the hours worked.

4. Yes

5. Yes

6. As relationship evidence?

7. As Relationship evidence 6 and 7 may not be enough unless 1 and 2 are in joint names if you are a de facto couple. If you are married, you will need a scanned colour copy of your marriage certificate.

8. IELTS results for YOU that are less than 12 months old to prove that you have Functional English.

9. You need to provide evidence that YOU have lived in a specified regional area for at least 2 years. If evidence listed above covers 2 years and is in joint names, that should be enough. If not, you'll need to provide additional evidence.

As soon as you have lodged an application for an 887, you become eligible for Medicare.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/spw/customer/forms/resources/3101-1306en.pdf

Archived