Finding a job - WA state sponsorship 190 visa

Linzi Shiltz

Hi,

I was wondering whether there is anyone out there who is also trying to find a job in WA - state nomination visa 190? I am not able to proceed to expression of interest until I can prove I have a job, by showing a contract of employment. However, I understand this can be tough because many jobs request a visa to be in place in the first instance. By the way I am an Accountant.

Has anyone managed to find work and go through state nomination? If so, can you offer me any advice on the best way to take this forward. It will be much appreciated.

Thanks vm.

Linzi

Guest geordie joe

Hi Linzi

My daughter recently went through this route and is in the last part of the process and expecting her visa to be finalised in the next month or so. However she went out to Perth in August last year on a WHV, explained to prospective employers at interviews that she required a 12 month contract and was fortunate to be offered a couple of opportunities. She did try contacting companies when she was in the UK but no one was interested and pretty much everyone one said they would only consider her if she was over there. My daughter is in recruitment and HR.

regards

Hi,

I was wondering whether there is anyone out there who is also trying to find a job in WA - state nomination visa 190? I am not able to proceed to expression of interest until I can prove I have a job, by showing a contract of employment. However, I understand this can be tough because many jobs request a visa to be in place in the first instance. By the way I am an Accountant.

Has anyone managed to find work and go through state nomination? If so, can you offer me any advice on the best way to take this forward. It will be much appreciated.

Thanks vm.

Linzi

I was in the same position last year Linzi. My occupation (nursing) was on schedule 1 for WA but by the time I came to apply it had gone to schedule 2. I managed to get a job but it wasn't the same ANZCO code so didn't qualify. I then talked myself into going to Melbourne as it was on schedule 1, however I waited around too long and it also moved to schedule2!. I just waited until WA released its new list and jumped on it straight away. I now have a 190 visa for WA. Perhaps keep a close eye on all of the states SOL's and go with where you can. It's only a 2year commitment. Good luck

• 6 months later...

Archived