What kind of visa should I get to come to australia before my offshore 189visa being granted?

liliannn

My CO stated that "Please note that the SI 189 visa can be finalised if you are in Australia or outside of Australia.", so that mean I can come to australia before my visa is granted, is it true?

if yes, which visa should I apply?

and do I need to leave australia border again when my 189visa is granted in order to activate it?

please advise, thanks

Thank you ozmaniac always here answer my questions! You did answer my question for few times already. Thanks a lot

so there is no influence at all even I applied the 189visa offshore (outside Australia ) and can come to australia anytime? Why I heard some people say if you apply offshore, you can't come to australia ? This is for other type of visa application?

I am so worried about coming australia before my visa is granted can affect the progress of my visa being granted.

That's for some other visa types. Partner, Parent, Child and a few others have different subclasses for onshore and offshore applications and you must be in the right location when the visa is granted but since the implementation of the SkillSelect system, the concept of onshore/offshore no longer applies to skilled visas.

Even if you were applying for a visa that was specifically an offshore visa, you could still come to Australia without adversely affecting processing of your application. You would simply make sure your Case Officer knew when you were in Australia so they could notify you when the visa was ready to grant to give you time to get offshore for the grant to take place. Anyway, don't get confused by that explanation - it doesn't apply to 189 applicants.

Archived