Aqf 3

Markinns

Hi All,

I'm a locksmith and having problems with the TRA accepting my skill set? I'm a master locksmith in the UK. Speaking to other people they have said I need my AQF 3? Does anyone know of anywhere in the UK where I can go to get this certification.

Any advise would be great, thanks Mark.

There doesn't appear to be any way of getting an eligible qualification as a locksmith in the UK. In Australia, there is only one AQFIII locksmithing course approved for international students. If you were to do that, you would then need to go through the TRA Job Ready program before you could apply for a permanent visa HOWEVER, the course is only registered for 78 weeks so you would not be eligible for a Graduate visa at the end of the course so I don't know how you would be able to undertake the JR program.

http://cricos.deewr.gov.au/Course/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseID=62063 Course details

An alternative may be to try to find an employer who is eligible and willing to sponsor you for a 457 visa. After 2 years on a 457, if the employer is willing, they could then sponsor you for a permanent visa and you would not need a skills assessment.

An initial consultation with a good Registered Migration Agent won't cost much and they may be able to suggest a workable strategy.

Hi,

Thank you for your advice, I'm looking into doing the course? Then whilst out in Oz I can try to find an employer... At least at the end of the course I will have a AQF III and if locksmiths are still on the skills list I can apply to TRA??? I think.. Cheers, Mark.

Please take my advice about having at least an initial consultation with a good RMA e.g. @Alan Collett, @Raul Senise or @wrussell before you commit to anything. There are some serious gotchas associated with doing the course in Australia and then trying for a further visa of any kind and a good agent will be able to tell you if your strategy is workable or not.

Most of the occupations assessed by TRA like plumbing etc , there is no way to get these qualifications (AQF III) from australia because there is no institute offering certificate III in plumbing , ac and fridge electrician , mechanic etc to foreign students , because along with these qulification you need a 4 year apprenticeship and there is no visa allow foreigners to come to australia and do apprenticeship.......

Archived