EOI invite for a 189 visa for carpenter with 60 points

Robwilliams1983

How long do people think I will have to wait to get an invite from skillselect, will I get one in the next round on the 23rd of January?

Looking at number of carpenters invited in the current year is very low?

[TABLE=class: table-100]

[TR]

[TD]3312[/TD]

[TD]Carpenters and Joiners[/TD]

[TD=class: text-align-right]ceiling level of 7164[/TD]

[TD=class: text-align-right]and only 124 results to date.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

You will probably get an invitation in the next round on January 23 but make sure you check your points with a professional before you lodge a visa application.

I have previously spoken to a "professional" who gave me information that turned out to be incorrect and failed to get back to after numerous attempts to contact them. I don't want to name names on here.

Any that you could recommend that I could use to show them my EOI to see if they agree?

I am sure you will have seen how I worked out my points on a post that you commented on earlier today.

Any of the agents who are regular and long standing posters on PIO will do the right thing by you and if you give them accurate info, you can trust what they tell you. @Alan Collett, @Raul Senise, @wrussell are three who come highly recommended by many PIO members.

Thanks for the recommendations I shall copy my reply to your post in another thread to see if the people above can advise.

I have got 10 points worked out because I have at least 5 years and less than 8 years relevant working experience.

As Rara82 has said in one of their earlier posts, a AQF III replaces my apprenticeship which will take it to end of August 2007 as I started in September 2004. From 1st September 2007 to 1st June 2012 is 4 Years and 8 months. On the IMMI website it says relevant work experience has to be closely related or follow a career path. Estimator is a career path for a carpenter and this is stated on the Australian master builders website. So from 1st of June 2012 to present time is 2 years and 7 months. Making a total of 7 years and 3 months relevant work experience.

Please let me know if this is wrong but as far as I have looked into this it is correct?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived