pharmacy dispenser

gdjones

My wife trained as a pharmacist and when we return will be looking at getting her qualifications back (they lapse if not used).

As I understand it the registration is done at the state level, meaning if you are a registered in Victoria you can't go and work in NSW without registering in that state, which could involve some training.

My wife will have to do between 6 months and a year of training (we think) when we return, but she has been in industry for quite a while and not working as a pharmacist.

Thankyou for the advice everyone, pharmacy dispenser/technician is on the csol list any my OH on the sol(builder)

Im a pharmacy dispenser, where would i have advice regarding transfering my NVQ?

Does anyone know if it's difficult finding a job as a pharmacy dispenser?

Thankyou:rolleyes:

It's not terribly difficult finding a job. For hospital jobs, you must enter a pool (for public positions). Each state has it's own website for positions.

For community pharmacy, you can often get a position by just dropping off a CV at the pharmacy. Others are on seek and require an emailed CV.

You don't actually have to have any formal qualifications to be a pharmacy or dispensary assistant. I also suspect the software might be different, but once you know one, you know them all really!

I think my husband will be the main applicant as a builder, how do I find out about state sponsorship? We're thinking about perth as there seems to be more construction work available. It would be nice to be able to secure a job beforehand but that seems unrealistic.

Archived