189 visa help? gaining quals whilst in Aus!!??

boyd1991

Hi,

I am currently in Australia on a working holiday 417 visa.

I am a fire technician, and work on all fire related protection/detection items. e.g fire alarms, extinguishers and evac systems. I have been working with one employer for the last 6 months with the promise of sponsorship, only to find out in my last week that the company cant do it :( instead of relying on sponsorship I was hoping to gain a qualification whilst in Aus and apply for a skilled independent instead.

I have 6 years experience in fire related work. All bar 6 months of which was completed England. I have a couple of course certificates from home although they are related to British standards so I don't believe I would get a successful result of a skills assessment as is. I have been looking into potential courses I could complete here to get me up to the required level. I have found a course here which I believe would be acceptable.

I believe I would be able to apply under Anzsco 342313 or 342315.

here is the qualification I was aiming to get http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CPP30811

[h=2]CPP30811 Certificate III in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing[/h]

For fire protection technicians responsible for non-trade installation, commissioning and complex servicing of fire protection systems or for supervision of fire protection services work, the CPP30811 Certificate III in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing is the appropriate qualification. This qualification is suitable for FPA Australia members and non-members, and those requiring licences for the QLD Building Services Authority (BSA) Fire Occupational Licences and the ODS&SGG Extinguishing Agents Handling licences.

I only have 4 months left on my current visa so the plan was to get my regional done and study at the same time gaining me an extra year.

If anyone has any advise on whether this would work or not that would be great.

I have a British passport and if it helps I have an aunt living in Australia.

Thanks in advance

Boyd

Hi,

I am currently in Australia on a working holiday 417 visa.

I am a fire technician, and work on all fire related protection/detection items. e.g fire alarms, extinguishers and evac systems. I have been working with one employer for the last 6 months with the promise of sponsorship, only to find out in my last week that the company cant do it :( instead of relying on sponsorship I was hoping to gain a qualification whilst in Aus and apply for a skilled independent instead.

I have 6 years experience in fire related work. All bar 6 months of which was completed England. I have a couple of course certificates from home although they are related to British standards so I don't believe I would get a successful result of a skills assessment as is. I have been looking into potential courses I could complete here to get me up to the required level. I have found a course here which I believe would be acceptable.

I believe I would be able to apply under Anzsco 342313 or 342315.

here is the qualification I was aiming to get http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CPP30811

CPP30811 Certificate III in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing

For fire protection technicians responsible for non-trade installation, commissioning and complex servicing of fire protection systems or for supervision of fire protection services work, the CPP30811 Certificate III in Fire Protection Inspection and Testing is the appropriate qualification. This qualification is suitable for FPA Australia members and non-members, and those requiring licences for the QLD Building Services Authority (BSA) Fire Occupational Licences and the ODS&SGG Extinguishing Agents Handling licences.

I only have 4 months left on my current visa so the plan was to get my regional done and study at the same time gaining me an extra year.

If anyone has any advise on whether this would work or not that would be great.

I have a British passport and if it helps I have an aunt living in Australia.

Thanks in advance

Boyd

You would have to be sponsored/nominated, which is currently an available strategy once you have a positive skills assessment.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment of your possible strategies?

Archived